Chapter 16. Don't Do This

The next morning I woke with a headache from hell. "Ouch," I groaned and held my head. It felt like there was a knife in my stomach that somebody was twisting. I sat up, and the sheet I had been tangled up in fell to my waist. I looked down and gasped. Oh shit, why am I naked? In the same thought, I recalled last night. Avery... "Oh shit." I pulled the sheet up over my chest and looked down. Avery was in the bed beside me. 

Careful not to wake him, I climbed out of bed. When I turned back to see if he was still asleep, I saw blood on my sheets. I gasped in shock.

Avery groaned and looked up at me. His eyes widened, and his eyes swept across my naked body. "Damn, am I dreaming?" he asked. He bit down on his lip. "Nope."

"You made me bleed," I whispered and pointed at the blood in shock. 

"Hmm, if that sex-ed teacher was right, that is normal, I think," he murmured.

"You think?" I huffed.

"Well, fuck, I took that class like two years ago," he said and shrugged. 

I walked across my bedroom to my bathroom. I closed and locked the door. My back pressed against the door as I hyperventilated about last night's events. 

A light tapping on my door made me jump back and turn to stare at the door. 

"Stormie, come out here," Avery said softly.

"I need a minute," I said, trying to sound normal.

"Babe, don't do this," he murmured.

"Do what?" I squeaked.

"Don't freak out about it. Just come out here and talk to me about it. It's early; maybe we can just go back to sleep for a little while," he said softly.

"I'm not freaking out," I said and shook my head. "I'll be out in a second."

Avery sighed. "Okay." His footsteps retreated from the door.

After going to the bathroom, which stung a little, I stared at myself in the mirror. Physically, I felt hit by a train but also something else I couldn't explain. My cheeks were flushed a light pink. There was a dull ache between my legs. My lips felt puffy, and my neck felt slightly sore. I moved my hair back and saw purple bruises, but I knew they weren't. They were hickies from Avery. There were three of them on my neck and two on my chest. My legs felt like Jell-O.

Mentally apart of me was ecstatic, not because I wasn't a virgin, but because I got past my trust issues and gave it to Avery. I was glad I gave it to Avery and not someone else. I was scared because that made things different between us. I grabbed the robe off a hanger that was on the door. 

Avery was lying on my bed, looking like a goddess that didn't belong there. He was staring up at the ceiling. His hair was disheveled. One of his arms rested on his ribs and the other arm near his head. He turned his head to look at me. 

"Damn, what the hell did you cover up for?" he murmured.  

I crawled onto the bed and straddled him. 

"You okay?" he asked.

"I'm just trying to wrap my head around it, which is hard because of the hangover," I told him.

"It's more than that," he insisted. He put both hands behind his head and stared up at me. 

My fingers brushed lightly over his bare chest. "It's just... is it supposed to feel so intense? Or is that like just the first time?"

"Honestly, I don't know. It's different for girls than it is guys," he murmured.

Disappointment flooded through me. Does that mean it wasn't that good? Did I do something wrong? My skin flushed. "I need to put the sheets in the washer and try to get that stain out..." I trailed off. I started to climb off him, but his hands caught me.