Chapter 19. Exactly What It Looks Like

A/N: We do love a good cliff hanger, right? But you guys know I never leave you hanging long. What do you guys do with the authors who leave you hanging for an entire week? LOL. I hate cliff hangers too when I'm the reader.

Oh, and one more thing we're doing this   ⬇️  because I want to know what it would be like to be Avery for a chapter.  

Avery's POV

This wasn't the type of position you wanted to get caught in. It looked bad, no, it looked fucking horrible. I couldn't even use the phrase; this isn't what it looks like, because it was exactly what it looked like. As a matter of fact, I was about to nail my girl right on the counter. 

I was leaning up against the counter, biting my lip.

Stormie looked like she was about to be sick. "Excuse me!" Stormie jumped off the counter and dashed out of the kitchen, wearing nothing but one of my t-shirts.  

"Your timing is impeccable," I said.

"It seems so," Mom said. "Are you going to elaborate on what I just saw?"

"That depends," I said.

"On?"

"What do you think you saw?" I raised my eyebrows.

"Avery James Prince," Mom said sternly.

My expression held nothing but innocence. My mother wasn't stupid, though. She knew I was anything but innocent. I wasn't sure how to answer her, so I stayed quiet. I hoped that she would let me out of it if I remained silent.

"It looked like you were just making out with Stormie West on my kitchen counter," Mom said and sat her purse down. 

"Right, I would love to explain, but I'm going to go make sure she didn't crawl into a hole and die or something. I'll be right back," I said and ran for the door.

Stormie was fully dressed by the time I reached my bedroom. She had her duffel bag on her shoulder and was on her way out, but I blocked her path. "What are you doing? I have to get the hell out of here," she said.

"Talk about throwing me to the sharks," I said and chuckled.

"It's your mom; you deal with it," she said and shrugged.

"What if it had been Mason?" I arched a brow.

"Then we deal with it," she said.

"How the fuck does that work? He's your brother," I said and snorted.

"He's your best friend," she challenged.

"Touche," I agreed and nodded. "What am I supposed to tell her?"

"The truth and hope like hell she keeps her mouth shut?" Stormie suggested.

"Great," I said and rolled my eyes. "Why not just tell everyone the truth?"

"The same reason that we didn't to start," she said. She stood on her toes and pressed her lips to mine. "Now, if you don't mind, I'm going to go crawl in a hole and die."