Chapter 33. I Had A Better Idea

Stormie's POV

The twins laid on the bed in front of me. They were two months old. Time passed quickly; it was hard to believe how old they were. They started fighting over a pacifier. Chloe screamed a high pitched scream. Corey grunted.

"Oh my god," I laughed. "How will I ever get my homework done with you two being so cute?" I pulled my phone out. "Your dad needs to see this." I started recording them and trying not to giggle. "You two aren't even old enough to fight yet." 

Corey lost the fight and started to cry.

Chloe giggled and tried to put the pacifier in her mouth, but instead, she dropped it beside her head. She made a face.

"Oh," I giggled. "Oh my god."

She started to cry loudly.

I threw my head back and laughed. I grabbed her pacifier and put it in her mouth. I grabbed Corey's that he had dropped earlier and gave it to him. I turned the camera off. I opened messenger and sent the video to Avery. 

The twins hadn't seen Avery the last couple of weeks, but they adored him. He told me that he was busy and that he was sorry he couldn't make it. However, he said he would try to come this weekend. 

Avery: cute 😂

Me: Everything okay?

Avery: Yeah.

Me: Okay. 

Avery: Just busy. I still plan to be there this weekend. 

Me: Sounds good.

Tears built in my eyes, and I threw my phone down. I wasn't sure, but I was beginning to think he was seeing someone. Jealousy and rage pulsed through me, but I fought it back. 

My bedroom door swung open. It was from Peyton.

"Hey," she said. She stopped. "What's wrong?" 

"N-nothing. You came at a bad time," I muttered. I slammed my book and slid it off my lap and onto the floor.

She sat down on the bed beside me. "Talk to me," Peyton insisted. "What's going on?"

I sighed. "I made such horrible mistakes. I wish he would forgive me, but he won't." The tears fell faster down my face. 

She sighed. She turned and hugged me tightly. She rubbed my back.

"God, I miss him so bad. He won't talk to me hardly at all. I think he is seeing someone," I murmured.

"I doubt it," she murmured. "I'm sure he would tell you."

I scoffed. "No, he wouldn't, and he doesn't have to because it's not my business."

"Maybe it's time you try to move on too," she whispered. 

"I can't," I whispered. "I'm still stuck. It's like not being able to move," I leaned away from her. "I love him. It feels like I lost my best friend. I hate myself for doing this to us. I should have trusted him." A sob escaped me. "Every night, I lay awake thinking about him. It just doesn't go away."

She stared at me sadly. "I'm sorry."

"Don't be," I said. I bit back another sob and wiped the tears away. I took a deep breath to calm myself. "It's my own damn fault."

"How come you don't go back to cheering?" Peyton suggested.

"No, that's over," I muttered. I shook my head. "I'm busy with them. Besides, I have a new career idea in mind."