Moment for life🕺🏽💕🛸

( y'all happy now ? The thug in yall rlly showed out last chapter 😒😭😭)

"...Asia Wilson from the university of South Carolina!" The woman said and we all clapped for her and she walked on stage and took her picture with her New Jersey .

  Me and Mariah took a deep breath as the lady started to speak again .  " with the second pick of the WNBA draft " she spoke and my heart started racing and I felt melo squeez my shoulder.

  "-the Los Angeles sparks select...maya O'Neal from the university of North Carolina!" She said and everyone cheered .

  I hugged everyone and went on the stage to take a picture with my New Jersey. I walked down after back to my table and my family quietly cheered for me and melo kissed my hand .

  After a couple draft picks we were in the fifth one now . " with the fifth pick of the WNBA draft, once again the Los Angeles sparks select ...Mariah Johnson from the university of North Carolina!" The lady spoke .

  We all clapped for riah as she gave me and mani hugs and went on the stage to take a picture, now she has the number three on her Jersey .

________

  " maya O'Neal, how are you feeling right now after the WNBA draft tonight!?" A reporter asked me with a camera in my face .

  " I'm feeling great ! I can't wait to get with the team and just be on the court " I smiled.

  " and one of your best friends from college ; Mariah Johnson got drafted to the same team as you , how are you guys feeling about that !?"

   " oh we're both excited ! We were ranked number 1&2 in women's college basketball so we just gonna keep doing what we've been doing , I'm glad we are still gonna be traveling and having games together though " I chuckled.

" that's great ! How does it feel to be the first one drafted out of all of your siblings !? I mean your an O'Neal " she smiled .

" man i really have no words ! I wanna show them that no matter your age or where your at ; never stop dreaming and never give up and that goes to my brothers and my sisters and all my friends " I smiled .

She nodded " last one ; how are you going to celebrate tonight !?" .

" I'm going to my moms house and party with my family , my boyfriend and all my friends and some of my teammates" I laughed .

Soon enough we were done and we all left out to my moms house and there was already music and family there .

" congrats !!!" My family yelled as we walked in and moment 4 life was playing .

" thank you !" I smiled and hugged all of them . " bae look !" Melo said .

I turned around and he was taking a video . "This very moment I bring , Put it on everything, that I will retire with the ring! And I will retire with the crown, yes ! No, I'm not lucky, I'm blessed, yes ! Clap for the heavyweight champ, me . But I couldn't do it all alone, we ! " I rapped to his camera and he smiled at me .

He posted it and everyone came by us . " congratss sis !" Te'a shouted and we gave each other a hug and she gave riah a hug too .

" I can't wait for y'all to be on the court with us " she smiled .

" shii I can't wait either " riah said making us laugh . " dis my song tho , let's dance !" We grabbed each other's hands and danced right there .

People were taking videos , dancing and screaming ...it was all a good time .

" This is my moment, I waited all my...life I can tell it's time . Drifting away, I'm one with the sunsets . I have become alive !" We sung and Imani came to join us .

" I wish that I can have this moment for life !" We sung . I swear I'm gonna miss imani so much but I'm glad she's doing her own thing now .

The song changed to twerk by the city girls and I went next to melo and the boys .

" the guys said congrats " he showed me they're group chat messages .

" tell em I said thank you " I chuckled . I took a sip from my cup and noticed melo was staring at me .

" why you staring at me like that ..?" I giggled . " I'm proud of you " he licked his lips making me feel all tingly inside.

I wrapped my arms around him " thank you !" I smiled and he kissed my head .

At the end of the night we had cake for me and riah , we partied , drank and danced around . I took pictures with my brothers , sisters , family , melo , Josh, riah , te'a , sharife , Omar , bronny and the rest of the gang .

The fact of me moving away from melo wasn't even in my mind tonight ...but I know it will be tomorrow.

________

It was bright and early with the sun beaming on my eyes which was irritating me .

I turned over until I felt myself fall off the bed making melo jump up .

" ow.." I groaned . " you good baby ?" He chuckled as I got back on the bed .

" do I look good ?" I tilted my head . " yeah nope , I'm going back to sleep cause you look like you woke up with an attitude " he got back under the covers and laid down .

I stale faced him and looked at the time , how the hell its four in the morning and the sun beaming ?!

I rolled my eyes and laid back under the covers and snuck closer to melo and he instantly wrapped his arms around me making me smile faintly .

_____________

" what time are we leaving again ?" I asked melo .

It was a few hours later and we were leaving soon . " at 2..maya you know we-"

" I don't wanna talk about it right now " I cut him off . I knew he was gonna bring up me moving to LA but I just don't wanna talk about it .

" when are we gonna talk about it then ? It's either now or later " he said sitting down on the bed .

I rolled my eyes " yeah and I choose later " I shrugged.

He rubbed his hands down his face frustrated. "No, we're gonna talk about it right now " .

" lamelo.." I stale faced him and he just stared at me not caring .

" has it not hit you that your moving back down here ? We gotta do long distance now -"

" I know that ! " I shouted on accident . " I know that melo , it's the last thing I wanna think about " I said calmly and sat down in front of him .

" it's just four hours away...I-I mean how bad could it be right ?" He said looking at me ..

( three more chapters yall😖😖, I appreciate all the reads , comments & votes 💕💕! I love y'all!)