Chapter 3

It was a long flight to London but finally Harry has arrived. He picks up his luggage and walks towards the exit. He is so excited to meet the family he is going to live with.

Harry looks around but the airport is huge and there are so many people. It's only when he sees a middle aged woman holding up a sign with his name that he knows which direction he has to go.

He approaches the woman with a smile. Next to her is a little girl, she around twelve years old. But it's the boy standing next to the child that grabs his attention.

The boy has feathery brown hair and ocean blue eyes. His jawline is so sharp that he could be a model. The reason he isn't though is probably because of his height. The boy is quite small. He is wearing an oversized jeans jacket, a band t-shirt, black skinny jeans and a pair of black vans. If Harry would meet this boy on a night out he would definitely try to get him into his bed. He is gorgeous, even hotter in real life than on Instagram.

"Hi, I'm Harry!"

Louis looks at the guy with the American accent in front of him.

The boy has brown curls, pushed to the back with a red bandana. His eyes are emerald green. He is tall and when he smiles you can see his perfectly white teeth. His legs are hugged by a ripped skinny jeans and he is wearing an oversized floral shirt. The finishing touch of his outfit are a pair of brown Chelsea boots. It's a different style but Louis thinks that it suits the boy.

"Hi, Harry! Welcome in England! We are so happy that you are here. Oh, come boy." Jay hugs the boy that is the same age as her teenage son tightly, wanting him to feel welcome. It must be hard for him to be that far away from home. Jay wants Louis to arrive in a loving family as well.

Harry smiles when he hugs the woman back. It's nice to feel loved and welcomed like this.

"Harry, this is my daughter Lottie."

The blond girl waves at the boy.

"And this is Louis. You will go to school with him."

Louis only gives the boy a small nod and turns to his phone again. It makes Harry feel really uneasy. The older woman nudges the boy with her elbow and only then he looks up.

"Hey, I'm Louis. Can we go back to the car now, mom? It's a long drive back."

Jay sighs, disappointed in her son's behaviour, but nods.

"Yeah, we can go. Lottie, you can go in the front."

"What? But mom!" Louis moans.

"No discussion, you go in the back with Harry. And give me that phone, Tomlinson."

"But I'm texting Eleanor!"

"Phone. Louis."

Louis rolls his eyes and hands his phone over to his mother, cursing silently under his breath.

The drive back to Doncaster looked like forever. Louis and Harry didn't really talk to each other. It was mainly Jay trying to comfort the boy and Louis watching out of the window, pretending like he was in the music video of a sad song.

"So this is our home, Harry! Louis will guide you around. First night you will have to sleep on a matrass in his room. I'm so sorry for that, Harry. They are repairing the old bed of the guest room. It should be fine tomorrow, though. Louis, show Harry the house. I'm putting your sister to bed."

Louis obeys his mother, showing the taller boy the house. He finishes with his own room.

"So, this is my room. Your matrass is there in the corner. You can dump your suitcases wherever I guess." Louis says nonchalantly falling down on his bed.

"Cool. So, what time does school start tomorrow?"

"8:30"

"Are we going together?"

"I guess."

Harry bites his lip. He desperately wants to start a conversation with the handsome boy. His eyes fall on a picture from Louis with 3 other people, one boy and two girls.

"Who is that if I may ask?" Harry says pointing to the boy on the picture.

Louis' eyes follow Harry's finger and he smiles.

"That's Zayn. He is my very best friend. We only met like 4 years ago. He moved to Doncaster. We've been friends since day one though. He is someone that really understands me and I can always talk to him."

Harry smiles at the smaller boy. It's nice to hear him actually talk for the first time.

"I know what you mean. I have a best friend at home as well, his name is Niall."

Louis only nods, losing his focus on the conversation.

"And the girl next to him? With the blond hair and pink dip dye?" Harry tries to pull Louis back in. He really likes to hear Louis' voice. It's soft, yet high and a bit feminine.

"Ah, that's Perrie! She is like my sister. My mom and her mom are best friends. We basically grew up together. She is the kindest, sweetest person you will ever meet. She is dating Zayn by the way. She used to babysit my sister a lot and they are really close as well. You'll see her a lot around here. This is her second house. Sometimes I even think it's her first." Louis jokes.

Harry feels happy that the boy is getting more comfortable around him. Hearing him joke makes him genuinely feel better. Louis looks like a nice guy, he just needs to come out of his shell.

"And the last girl on that picture? The brunette you are holding?"

Louis' eyes start to shine and he can't hide the huge smile on his face. It doesn't escape Harry and he is really curious now. This girl must be important to him.

"That's Eleanor, my girlfriend. We have been dating for over 3 years now. I really love her. She is sweet, funny, caring,... Yeah you will like her as well. It's impossible for people not to like her. I fell for her the day that I met her. I still can't believe this beauty chose me, I'm the luckiest guy on earth. We will probably be prom king and queen by the end of the year. What about you, do you have a girlfriend back in LA?" For the first time Louis shows interest in the curly haired lad. He starts to like him. He has a nice, bubbly personality and Louis thinks that he might even pull him with him to their table tomorrow with Perrie, Zayn and Eleanor for lunch. I mean the boy is not bad looking and he is a nice person.

"Oh no, I don't have a girlfriend." Harry laughs. Harry's laugh brings a smile to Louis' face as well.

"Why are you laughing? Don't tell me you can't pull one. I mean look at you, you are not bad looking. I'll find you a girlfriend tomorrow at school. I mean I have the prettiest one but there are still some catches." Louis winks at the boy, feeling comfortable around him.

"Oh no, you don't have to."

"Why not? Come on, man. You will be the hot American exchange student. Girls will fall for you, one by one."

"You think guys will as well?"

That question takes Louis by surprise.

"Guys? Why would you want guys falling for you, man? That's kinda gay..."

"Well, that's because I am."

"You are what?" Louis asks confused.

"Gay, Louis. I am gay."