Chapter 49

"Do you need anything else? Water for your pain killer? An extra pillow? Something to eat? I can cut you some fruit!" Louis rambles when Harry is lying in bed, his sore foot resting on a pillow.

"Relax, Lou. I'm okay. It's only a sprained ankle. There is no need to stress, love."

"I just feel a bit guilty for taking you ice skating. I want to help you."

Harry grabs Louis' hand and pulls him on the bed so their faces are close to each other.

"If you want to help me just stay here and lay next to me." Harry softly says, his hand caressing Louis' face.

"Sure you don't need anything?" Louis asks Harry's confirmation, using the same soft tone.

"Only you."

Louis smiles, trying to suppress the butterflies in his stomach. He carefully puts himself under the blanket and makes sure Harry is comfortable as well.

"Are you comfortable, Haz? No extra pillows needed? Is your foot okay?"

"Stop worrying. Now, you wanted to talk?" Harry bites his lip. He is really nervous. Louis said that he wanted to talk about them and it can be really good but also really bad.

"Not now. You need to rest." Louis removes a curl from Harry's face and gives him a warm smile that doesn't reach his eyes. Louis himself is scared about the talk as well and he thought that it was clever to mention it to Harry so he can't postpone it, but now he feels stupid. He is really nervous about it and he is scared that Harry won't react the way that Louis hopes him to. They are in a really good place now and Louis doesn't want to mess that up.

"I can talk now if you want. I slept in the car."

Louis shakes his head and hesitantly kisses Harry's forehead, not wanting to cross any boundaries. He studies Harry face to check his reaction but the only thing he gets is red cheeks and a hidden smile.

"Good night, Hazza."

"Good night, Lou."

--

"Are you sure you will be okay?" Louis asks worriedly while pacing around the room.

"Of course, Lou. Just go." Harry chuckles.

"But you are here and in pain and you can barely walk. I should be here to take care of you." Louis whines.

"So what are you going to do? Ditch Perrie and Zayn and just fail biology?" Harry jokes. "I don't think they will be happy. You should go, Lou. This is about a group project and you can't just ditch them. That's pretty shitty. I'll be fine. Lottie will take care of me if I need something, right Lots?" Harry asks the younger girl who is sitting next to him watching some vampire show.

"Not now! Damon Salvatore is shirtless!" she hisses.

"See! I can't leave you alone with her!"

"Louis, you are overreacting. Just go. I will literally not accept your help if you stay."

Louis rolls his eyes but nods, grabbing his biology book.

"Should I do something before I go? Bring you something? You need something from the supermarket?"

Harry chuckles and shakes his head.

"No, I want you to go over to Perrie's and nail that project."

"Okay then." Louis hesitantly walks over to Harry and quickly pecks his cheek before running out of the house. The spot on Harry's cheek where Louis' lips were only a few seconds ago is burning and he is tracing the place with his finger.

"You're so whipped." Lottie says, eyes never leaving the screen.

"I have no clue what you are talking about." Harry says grabbing his phone from next to him.

"No need to lie to me, curly. My brother is whipped too." Lottie pauses the series and stands up. "Want a drink and watch 'The Vampire Diaries with me?"

"I don't think the Vampire Diaries is my thing, Lots. But I would love lemonade."

"Did you ever watch it?"

Harry shakes his head.

"Don't worry, American boy. I'm going to teach you everything."

Lottie comes back with a glass of lemonade for Harry and coke for herself and puts herself on the couch next to Harry, pressing play.

"Watch and learn, Haribo."

--

It only took 2 hours for Louis, Perrie and Zayn to finish their project. Louis really wants to go back home to take care of Harry, but his friends don't really let him.

"So give me an update on Harry and you while Zayn orders us pizza." Perrie says pulling Louis with her on the couch.

"There is not really an update." Louis confesses, looking at his fingers.

"Well, then make sure there is an update. What's stopping you, Lou? You two literally act like a couple and you called him 4 times when we were working on the project. That's not a normal friendship, Lou. You are basically just acting like a couple but without the label, kissing and sex. You haven't stopped talking about him and that's fine Lou but then stop acting like he is just your friend."

"Currently we are just friends, Pez."

"Hey, which pizza do you want, mate?" Zayn asks from the kitchen.

"Veggie!" Louis screams back.

"Since when do you eat veggie pizza?" Perrie raises her eyebrow.

"I can share my leftovers with Haz when I'm home. He likes pizza."

Perrie just face slaps herself.

"You are literally married. Gosh, Lou just admit it."

"Fine, I like him. I might even be in fucking love with him. Happy now?" he snaps, grabbing his coat.

"Louis where are you going?"

"Out."

"I'm sorry if I made you feel uneasy. Louis come back!" Perrie begs.

"No, I need time alone." He puts on his coat and puts on his beanie.

"Hey mate, what about your pizza? I just ordered it man."

"I don't really care Zayn. Feed it to the bloody dog. Just... I need to clear my head okay?" Louis is fighting his tears and without saying another word he leaves Perries house. Hands in his pockets he walks around the city, cold snowflakes melting on his face and mixing with his tears. Why does he have to be so messed up? Why can't he just fully admit that he is in love with Harry to someone other than himself?