27. Rollercoasters and cotton candy

“I wanna go on the rollercoaster”, Jonah says and pouts.

“Honey, I know, but I can’t go with my leg and Harry doesn’t like rollercoasters. And you’re too young to go alone, I’m sorry, love.”

Jonah frowns. “I hate your stupid leg.”
I feel too sorry for him, I can’t see him that disappointed.

I pick him up and throw him over my shoulder. “Now, come on, I bet you’ll scream on the rollercoaster and I won’t!”

He giggles and boxes my back with his tiny fists, trying to get off my arm.

“Harry, let me go”, he shouts and laughs. I put him down on the floor and take his hand as we walk up the stairs to where the rollercoaster starts.

Jonah runs to stand under a little wooden dinosaur that determines how tall you have to be in order to be allowed to use the rollercoaster.

“Harry”, he shouts, “Look how tall I am. I can drive it.”

“That’s amazing”, I say, “But don’t complain if I throw up in the middle of the ride.”

He giggles and rolls his eyes. “Don’t be so dramatic. You can do it.”

“I hope so”, I mumble and follow him to the rather small queue. “Look”, he says and points to the screaming people, “I will not scream and I put my hands up. It doesn’t even have a looping.”

I laugh and ruffle through his hair before we walk to the arriving rollercoaster. “In the back”, he determines, “That’s the best daddy told me.”

I sit down next to him and pull down the restraints over him and me.

“I’m so excited”, he shouts and starts moving in his seat impatiently, “You’re the best for doing this with me, Hazzie!”

I grin and don’t have the time to reply anymore before we start moving up the hill backwards.

The rollercoaster stops at the top of the hill before we roll down forwards again.

Jonah really has the audacity to throw his arms into the air and giggle, fucking giggle, as if this was fun.

I cling onto the restraints, trying not to scream really embarrassingly.

“I hate rollercoasters”, I shout but Jonah just laughs even more, throwing his head back in excitement.

I smile. He’s adorable, the wind blowing through his hair, his eyes lighting up with joy and his hands in the air.

It takes ages until we finally arrive back at the start and I let out a relieved breath.

“You heard that?”, I ask Jonah, “I didn’t even scream.”

He laughs and nods. “But I’m braver, I had the hands in the air.”
“You’re the bravest.”

When our restraints are pulled up again, Jonah jumps out of the rollercoaster and runs towards Louis who’s waiting at the exit. He runs and hugs his legs, babbling excitedly.

“Harry didn’t even scream only that he hates rollercoasters but he didn’t scream like a little baby, he did rather okay”, Jonah explains and Louis laughs, looking at me with shining eyes.

“Thanks”, he whispers when I arrive at them, Jonah already looking at some carousel, “You’re the best.”

I grin and bend down to press a short kiss onto his mouth, smiling even more afterwards.
“No, really. You’re his hero.”

I blush and quickly shake my head. “Shut it, Lou, don’t want to hear this cheesy shit.”

He chuckles and leans his head against my chest. We turn quiet as we watch Jonah still looking at the carousel.