35. Movies and songs

“The end”, I finish, smiling down at Jonah who looks at me with big eyes, smiling.

“Stay till I fall asleep, okay?”, he mumbles and reaches for Louis’ hand.

I get up, wanting to give them space, but Jonah frowns. “Hey, Harry, you too.”

Me too. He’s including me, how did I get so lucky?
“Sorry, J, thought you wanted some alone time with your daddy."

He shakes his head. “No. Alone time with you both.”

I nod and sit down on the other side of the bed, waiting for Louis to press a kiss to Jonah’s cheek.

I’m not sure whether it’s okay for me to just be there with them, spend time with them all the time, invade their privacy like that, but when I just lean down to give Jonah a peck to his forehead, he smiles brightly afterwards.

Louis turns off the light so now only the little night light by the door lets their faces light up yellowish.

“Goodnight, my love, sleep well”, he whispers.

“Sing me my song?”, Jonah asks.

“Oh, darling, I haven’t sung it in forever. I don’t even know if I remember the lyrics.”

Louis looks over at me and when I grin, he pokes out his tongue. How I’d love to hear him sing.

“Daddy, don’t lie. You singed it just a few days ago.”

Louis sighs and nods. “Alright.”

I don’t know the song he starts singing now, but I can only concentrate on his voice, the way it sounds so raspy but still clear, the way he hits every note so effortlessly.

And when Jonah searches for my hand under the blanket, wrapping his finger around mine tightly, I feel nothing but complete comfort and love.

Jonah smiles the whole time Louis sings the song, closing his eyes slowly and drifting of to sleep towards the end, fingers still wrapped around my hand, a smile on his lips.

I can’t stop staring at Louis, getting totally lost in his voice and all I want is to record him so I can listen to this on repeat, over and over again.

We both walk out of the room quietly when Louis finished singing. He closes the door behind us quietly.

“Louis”, I whisper, trying to out into words just how much this all means to me.
“Yeah?”

I don’t know how to express myself so I cup his jaw and press him against the wall carefully, kissing him softly.

He chuckles against my lips and tiptoes to kiss my forehead before leaning his against mine. We stay like that for a few seconds before I pull away slowly.

“Meeting you was the best thing that ever happened to me”, he mumbles as we walk back to the living room where Liam and Niall are waiting and it sums up my feelings really well.

~~~

I’m not quiet sure what the movie was about. Sure, I got most of the storyline but by missing some details I didn’t entirely understand the plot.

By the time the credits are playing, all I know is that I shouldn’t watch movies with Louis because he distracts me too easily.

I get lost in his eyes to easily, I tend to stare too easily, I can’t tear away my gaze from our intertwined hands.

Louis removes his head from my shoulder, smiling up at me. I smile back, not needing to say anything to tell him just how much I like him.

On the walk back home, we’re quiet, both following our thoughts but he wrapped his arm around my waist and smiles at me every now and then and I could go on like this forever.

Back home we say goodbye to Liam and Niall before sitting down on the sofa.

“And you really won’t mind taking him?”, he reassures himself for the billionth time, grinning because he knows it’s annoying.

“Louis William Tomlinson, no, I won’t. Do you mind me taking him or why won’t you stop talking, baby?”

He chuckles, hiding his face in my shoulder. “You know I don’t have anything against my boyfriend and my son spending a weekend together just know we don’t have to drive there; I could find another teacher to accompany them.”

Louis has some trip with his theatre kids this weekend so I agreed on taking Jonah. Even though he’s worrying it’ll overwhelm me, I’ve done this before and I couldn’t be more excited to spend some time with the loveliest kid on this earth.

“Mhm”, I make, “You should drive.”

“Okay.”

“You know what else you should do?”

He shakes his head, looking up at me and moving one hand into my hair to tangle up in my curls.

“You should sing me a song.”

He immediately removes the hand again, crossing his arms in front of his chest and shaking his head.
“No. I can’t even sing.”

I roll my eyes and push him so he falls onto the couch and lay down next to him. “I heard you sing, darling, and you definitely can sing. Sing me some cheesy love song, please?”

I pout and pat my eyelashes but he just laughs and shakes his head. “No, Haz.”

“Louis”, I whine, kissing his cheek, “You sang for Jonah, now sing for me.”

“Getting jealous of my son?”

“Yes”, I say, trying not to smile.

He rolls his eyes and scoffs. “What song?”

I smile brightly and hug him even tighter. “I knew you wouldn’t say no. I don’t know, choose one.”

“You’re manipulative.” He grins and kisses my forehead before trying to think of a song to sing.

“It’s gonna be cheesy, yeah?”, he asks, not waiting for my answer before he starts singing quietly.

It’s more like a whispered singing, carefully and insecure but ever so beautiful.

“I wanna write you a song
One as beautiful as you are sweet
With just a hint of pain
For the feeling that I get when you are gone
I wanna write you a song
I wanna lend you my coat
One that's as soft as your cheek
So when the world is cold
You will have a hiding place you can go
I wanna lend you my coat”

I nuzzle up into his sweater, listening carefully and smiling when I understand the lyrics. It’s probably the cutest thing someone ever did for me.

“Ooh, everything I need I get from you
Ooh, and giving back is all I wanna do
I wanna build you a boat
One as strong as you are free
So any time you think
That your heart is gonna sink, you know it won't
I wanna build you a boat”

I don’t want the song to finish, not yet, I want to listen to his voice forever, want to never let go again.

“Ooh, everything I need I get from you
Ooh, and giving back is all I wanna do, ooh
Ooh, everything I need I get from you
Ooh, giving back is all I wanna do, ooh
I wanna write you a song
One to make your heart remember me
So any time I'm gone
You can listen to my voice and sing along
I wanna write you a song
I wanna write you a song”

It’s quiet after he stopped singing, just our regular breathing is to be heard. “I’d like to hear that song you want to write me. So anytime you’re gone I can listen to your voice and sing along.”

He smiles. “Who knows, maybe you’ll get it one day.”

~~~

next chapter will be a little bit of bonding between Jonah and Harry<3

i am on summer holidays now so I might take a posting break sometime because i won't be home, you'll get more chapters this weekend tho...