three months later

In February, two weeks after my twenty-fourth birthday, we decide to finally move in together. It’s been something the boys and me talked a lot about, especially since Zayn and Liam would be the only ones having to search for a new flat but as soon as they found one, I started packing my things.

On a Saturday, I finish packing my things and Louis picks me up with the car to drive me to our flat, our home.

“Finally”, he says when I place the boxes on the floor and kisses me softly, “Am so happy to have you here with us now.”

I smile as I hug him, laying down my chin on his shoulder. “So happy about that too, baby.”

We stay like that for a while before I remember our deal.

“Is it here?”, I ask, looking around the room.

He nods. “In our room. Jonah’s in his. Do we wanna show him?”

I nod, smiling because I’m already excited about how happy he’ll be.

“Jonah, baby”, I say when we enter his room, “We got two surprises for you.”

“Tell me”, he says, putting down his book and smiling.

“I live here now, not really a surprise but something you’ll hopefully be happy about.”

He grins. “’Course I am, Haz.”

That’s something he does, still. Calling me Haz. Sometimes, when it’s a normal conversation, he still uses it.

In moments where he’s very happy or telling me, he loves me, he uses ‘Papa’ more.

He gets up from bed. “Even though you basically lived here already. Now, second surprise.”

Louis laughs and points to our bedroom door. “Want to have a look?”

Jonah raises and eyebrow and shrugs but nods. “Don’t think the bedroom will surprise me lots.”

“Not the bedroom, no”, I say, walking behind him, “But something else maybe.”

Jonah opens the door, trying to see what the surprise is supposed to be.

“Under the bed, maybe”, I say.
Jonah sits down and looks under the bed, not seeing anything at first. When he does though, he squeals excitedly, jumping up.
“Where does it come from?”

“We bought it for you, baby, comes straight from a farmer nearby.”

Jonah smiles broadly, jumping up and down excitedly before running to hug us both.

“I love you Daddy”, he mumbles and then turns to me. “I love you too, Papa. Thank you. It’ll be mine? All mine?”

Louis smiles and ruffles through Jonah’s hair. “Yeah, all yours. Try to get him to come out, will you? I’ve got some food in the kitchen, maybe he’ll like it.”

Jonah just shrugs, sits down and reaches his hands out for the little, fluffy bundle. He grabs it and picks up the poor kitten that looks horrified.

“No worries”, Jonah mumbles, “Don’t be scared, baby. I am just Jonah, don’t be afraid of me.”

He pats his head carefully, raising the cat to stare right into his eyes.

“How do we call him?”, Jonah asks, raising an eyebrow and pressing kisses to the kitten’s head.

“Don’t do that, honey, it’ll get you sick.”

“You kiss Papa too.”

Louis laughs and rolls his eyes. “I just love him”, Jonah says, “You kiss people you love.”

“It’s an animal, J.”

“Daddy, stop it. I also kiss animals I love” Jonah sits down on the bed and places the kitten next to him, stroking over it’s back until it’s a little calmer. “Thank you.”

“Of course, baby. We knew how much you wanted one.”

Jonah nods. “So, so much.”

We watch as he continues cuddling the cat, eyes glowing and lips formed to a smile. We decided we’d wait until I moved here before we’d get him and I’m happy we did because seeing Jonah’s happy face is worth it already.

“I can name him ‘Theo’”, Jonah suggests, “Like the crocodile in my book.”

I sit down next to him, picking up Theo, amazed by how small and adorable he looks. “Yeah, good idea.”

We all sit down on the bed together, petting Theo and trying to calm him until he looks exhausted and relaxed and falls asleep, curled up into a little ball on the bed.

“Can I send a picture of it to Taylor?”, Jonah asks, “Want to show Betty.”

Louis hands him the phone and Jonah lays down on the bed so his face fits into the photo with Theo in it.

“Can you please print that and add it to the album?”, I ask, “I’d love that.”

“Yes”, Jonah shouts what makes Theo wake up again, jumping off the bed immediately, “Theo is our new family member he deserves a place in the album.”

“How does ordering pizza and watching a film to celebrate all the new surprises sound?”, Louis asks and Jonah nods excitedly, jumping off the bed and looking for Theo.

“I think we’ll give him a bit of rest, darling”, Louis says, “It’s all pretty new for him.”

Jonah just rolls his eyes. “It’s new for me too.”

“Don’t be so sassy, J, I know it is but we need to give him time to get used to his surroundings. Now don’t start a fight and head to the living room with us.”

“I just wanna carry him to the living room”, Jonah says and crosses his arms in front of his chest.

“Come on, baby”, I say and pick him up, “I’ll carry you to the living room. Bet I’m cuddlier than Theo anyways.”

He doesn’t react at first, still pouting but when I throw him down onto the couch, he chuckles quietly and smiles.
“Okay, let’s watch a movie.”

Me and Louis sit down on each side of Jonah, our hands interlaced behind his back and I smile.

“I’m glad to finally be home with my two babies”, I say.

“Three babies”, Jonah says, “Do not forget my Theo.”

I laugh and he smiles before nodding. “Am happy you’re finally with us too.”

He snuggles into my side, smiling up at me and Louis. “You’re the best dads in the world for buying me a cat.”

Louis laughs. “Hope we already were the best dads before doing that.”

Jonah hums and nods. “Yeah. Always the best dads.”

“And you’re the best son”, I say and kiss his forehead.

We turn on the movie, all cuddled up under one blanket and after some time, Theo comes strolling into the living room and hops onto Jonah’s lap so it’s “Finally all of us”, as Jonah notices contently, the smile not leaving his lips for the whole movie.

~~~

<3

thank you for more than six hundred votes, i really appreciate it