31. Breakfast and ducks

“Daddy!”, Jonah shouts, jumping onto the bed, “Hazzie! You wake up! Anne made us pancakes!”

I groan and grab Jonah’s arms to pull him down onto the bed. “You’re annoying, you know that, sweetie?”

He giggles and lays down between us, smiling happily before turning around to face me.

“Daddy’s really tired”, he says and frowns, “Should I wake him?”

“I already am awake, just tired”, Louis groans into the pillow, “Harry kept me up all night.”

Luckily, Jonah is already out of the door again so he didn’t hear but I still slap he back of Louis’ head lightly. “Louis William Tomlinson, could you maybe not expose our sex life in front of your child?”

He finally removes his face from the pillow before rolling his eyes.

“Harry Edward Styles, who said I was talking about anything sexual? Besides that, he’s five, he wouldn’t have gotten it.”

I roll my eyes now, leaning down and pressing kisses all over his face. “Baby.”

“What?”

“I don’t know. Feels good to say.”

He chuckles and pulls me down for a real kiss. “Baby, baby, baby. Really does feel good.”

“Now, can we stop being cheesy and head down for breakfast?”

“Yeah, we can. I really like being cheesy too though.” I laugh and kiss him for one last time.

I smile and head to the bathroom to change into bearable clothes and brush my teeth before heading downstairs where everyone else is already waiting. I watch them for a second, Robin pretending to feed Stacey some pancake and Jonah explaining something to him, Gemma and Louis laughing about something, Mum and Tyler talking about the food.

It’s a really happy picture, seeing my whole family there, all of them together. And I feel like this will be forever, feel like I need this to be forever.

“Hazzie”, Jonah calls and snaps me out of my thoughts, “Stacey likes pancake, Jeffrey can’t have any, he’s too young.”

I grin and sit down between Tyler and Jonah. “Yeah, he still needs to drink milk, that’s better for a little baby like him, isn’t it?”

Jonah nods and places Jeffrey in his lap before patting his head. “Good morning, Harry”, mum says, “Would you like some pancakes?”

I nod and hand mum my plates.
“Now, tell me Jonah”, she says while filling my plate, “What do you like doing?”

Jonah shrugs and stuffs a pancake into his mouth before starting to talk.

“Honey, don’t talk with your mouth full”, Louis says so Jonah shuts up and swallows before he continues talking.

“I like going to the playground with Hazzie and my daddy. Or my cool uncles.”

Anne laughs. “What do you all think about going to the city tonight, we can feed the ducks and get some ice cream before getting something to eat at our favourite restaurant?”

“Yes!”, Jonah shouts, “I love ducks!”

~~

We arrive at the city a few hours later after finally getting Jonah ready and all being ready to leave.

Jonah is wearing a little coat and a beanie, one of his cats in each hand and little sneaker on his feet and he looks more adorable than ever.

Louis is holding my hand, only walking on one of the crutches. I told him it was a bad idea but since his cast goes of in about a week, he insisted that would be just fine.

I couldn’t do anything about it and I honestly don’t mind having his hand in mine, really not.

He strokes over the palm of my hand with his thumb every now and then and it’s probably my new favourite feeling.

“Jonah looks adorable, doesn’t he?”, Louis asks and I nod.

“Like father like son.”
He rolls his eyes but smiles and leans over to press a kiss to my cheek.

I nearly say it again, it nearly just slips out if my mouth, I can’t do anything about it. It’s three little words but they mean too much to say anything just yet. I feel like I need to keep it until it feels right, until I feel like he feels the same about me.

He smiles over at me and then looks back at Jonah who snaps the bread out of Anne’s hand to feed the ducks with it.

We sit down at a bench nearby and watch the others all down by the river.

“Is nice spending time with you alone sometimes”, I whisper and kiss him twice before quickly adding: “Not that I didn’t love spending time with Jonah, that’s not what I meant, really. It’s just
that-“

“I know”, he interrupts me and pulls me in so my head is on his shoulder, “You don’t have to explain yourself, same.”

I smile and I know it won’t be long until I tell him. I know it won’t be long until it just comes out. I. Love. You. Love, it might be love.

“Harry”, Jonah shouts and comes running towards our bench, “Daddy! I saw ducks and they ate our bread they are so hungry!”

I laugh and lift Jonah into my lap. “That is so cool, darling. But aren’t you hungry, too? It’s been hours since you last ate.”

He shrugs. “I don’t want old bread.”

Louis laughs and ruffles through Jonah’s hair. “You wouldn’t have to eat the bread, my love, we’d go to a restaurant. How does some pasta sound?”

“Good”, he says and smiles before leaning his head against my chest, “Sounds really good. I love ducks, but I Iove pasta more.”

“Gotta set your priorities, right?”
Jonah nods even though he probably didn’t even understand what Louis meant.

The others come walking back to us as well so we head into the direction of the restaurant.
Gemma is walking next to me, smiling as she watches Jonah.

“He’s adorable, really. And you’re so happy, I can tell they’re right for you.”

I probably blush a little, they can see it too. They can see it fits, they can see they make me happy, they can see it’s love.

~~~

a bit of a filler chapter sorry it's a little boring

next one is one of my faves<3