t w e n t y - t w o

Mia Charlotte's POV:

Walking outside, I have instantly noticed the wind that was blowing strongly and making the tall trees tip to their right side strangely gracefully. Along with the clouds that sprawled over the sky darkly and widely, was also a light trace of the sun.
Finally reassuring myself to finally go out in public, I started walking over to my town's most famous dining place.

Nana's diner.  An antic little diner that had loving staff, it was my favorite place while growing up. But as I started getting older and more introverted, my love for that place has died down almost completely.

But today, I was meeting one of the people that I've met at my therapy. Alex was her name. She was this sweet girl that I started talking to and finally made a friend that I desperately needed.

After walking for about fifteen minutes along the badly damaged cement sidewalk, I have finally reached my destination. Butterflies of nervousness rose in my stomach as I entered the small homey diner. Looking around, i saw that there was a surprising small amount of people sitting there.

And in the corner, i finally saw a familiar face. Alex was slightly smiling and waving over at me to walk faster. With a grin, I reached the red booth and slipped in to sit down.

"It is so nice seeing you again."

She greeted me, pulling me in for a small friendly hug before sitting back down.

"It is been a while since we've talked.. what have you been up to lately?"

She asked right away, her friendliness now growing close to me. With a slight flashback of the things that have happened over these few last days, I just waved my head and decided to dismiss my thoughts.

"I've been focusing on my school work..what about you?"

Lying, I could not help but to feel bad. I was lying to my only friend, which made me think if I actually wanted to tell her about Grayson...

"Mia! Are you even listening?"

She  slightly shouted, bringing me out if my trans. But she also attracted the attention of a few people around us, which sent my anxiety to skyrocket faster than ever before.

"I'm so sorry, I..."

"Do you have any problems?"

She  asked while her expression has softened extremely.

"It is not a problem, but... It more if something that I would like to share with you, but I know I will sound crazy."

I finally confessed truthfully, letting out a struggled sigh.

"Mia, I assure you that you can tell me anything. I won't judge you."

"O-okay... Well lets start off with saying that this is paranormal"

I said, looking up ti see that her expression has not changed. Thankfully, she still was not thinking that I've gone mad.

"Couple of months ago, I started having these strange dreams and a man was constantly appearing in them. They were getting more and kore frequent, until one night I fell into a state of a sleep paralysis. And... I felt something touching me, it felt like it was real.."

Telling this story to another human being was strange, but still felt freeing. It felt like a long carried pressure has finally lessened

"And it turned out to be real, couple of days after. But it was not human, for which it took me a long time to start believing. A demon, well known as incubus has started possessing over me."

My story was becoming more intense with every sentence, but it also started sounding unbelievable and ridiculous.
Alex responded with a quiet gasp, but still did not react in any accusing kind of way so I continued pouring my soul out.

"But it is different... He watches over me at all times, but he's not angel. He is my devil guardian."

With the thought of him, I felt as a small yet meaningful grin spread across my face.

But with the realization that Alex was watching me, I lifted up my head only to see her smiling at me.

"You're not crazy, Mia. I... I've been through the same thing."

She breathed out, making shock spread all over my body. And of course, it mirrored on my facial expression

"I will never forget the icy eyes of Andres'...'"

She  said, making me freeze in the spot. When my brain finally processed the name that came out if her mouth, my breathing stopped for couple of ling seeking seconds

"Andres..."