t w e n t y - t h r e e

Mia Charlotte's POV:

Lazily walking inside of my house, I was immediately greeted by my enthusiastic mother. Her smile was basically stretching from ear to ear as she gathered her small fists on her chest, she looked like she just got the best news of her life

"Hey mom."

I forced out, along with a grin that almost looked like a grimace. I was too occupied by my own thoughts to react to meaningless things that were most likely overestimated.

"You're finally home! How did the lunch go?"

She asked nosily, leaning towards me ever so slightly. I shrugged, pretending as if it was mediocre. Truth to be told, it was far from that.

"It was alright, I guess... I will go to my room now."

I announced, starting to climb up the carpeted stairs. But unfortunately, I was stopped as my mother's voice filled my ears once again.

"Dinner is soon to be ready, come sit with us."

"I'm not hungry, I ate well at the diner."

Lying smoothly, I escaped her eyesight once I jogged up the wooden stairs and his behind the door of my room.

Finally, some time to think.

Sitting down into my bed, I slowly once again started replaying a conversation that I had with my friend not so long ago, especially over thinking the part where she confessed to have the same... problems as me.

"Mia, what the fuck happened at the diner?"

I heard a familiar masculine voice and turned my gaze up, seeing as Grayson now turned into human form and stepped out if my bathroom.

"You know?"

I asked shakily, clearly surprised that he listened to what my friend had to say.
His facial expression fell, but anger was still lingering in his dark eyes.

"Of course I know, God dammit! Why did you go and tell her, she could be a liar for all we know!"

He snapped at me furiously, making my eyes widen at his sudden outburst that sent him pacing around the room and mumbling unrecognizable words to himself

"She's not a liar."

I defended

"She can't be."

"You are way too fucking innocent for this world. I am a demon, I can sense when someone is up to bad."

He growled as he landed on my bed, gritting his perfectly white teeth in my direction.

Trying to fight the anger that tarted bubbling inside of me, I once again tried a softer approach.

"Grayson, calm down. Even if she is a liar as you claim her to be, what can she do? Tell the Jesus to compel you?"

"Exactly, Mia! It almost worked the last time, and that was when I had to fight with all the strength that I had left in me while you ignored every single fucking thing that happened!"

He attacked verbally, his words forming into sharp knives that instantly stabbed viciously through my gut.

"Go away now, I can't stand listening to this nonsense anymore."

I said, disappointment, wrecking sadness and anger mixing into one dangerous concoction.

I could feel his body tensing as the energy in this room changed completely.

"You're telling me to go away? Mia, watch what comes out if that mouth."

He warned darkly, his eyes forming the color of charcoal that screamed in one clear word.

Danger.

"Yes I am telling you, fucking go away if you're going to act like an asshole."

I finally snapped, my whole being in a turbulence of pure frustration.

And just with a snap of two fingers, sixteen words of mine created chaos.

He rose himself from the bed, his whole eyeballs turning completely black as he sent most of my things flying straight to the floor.

I backed up against the headboard, my eyes almost falling out of their sockets once I saw a black haunting liquid pouring freely out of his nose and mouth, creating a puddle on the floor.

"Grayson what the fuck are you doing?"

I shouted as he started approaching me, destroying everything that was in his way.
Forcefully, he pinned me down to the bed while he stared straight into my eyes.
And I could swear at that moment, right then and there, I openly wished for death as I could not stand looking at two puddles of pure darkness.

"Mia. Oh my sweet Mia."

He whispered against the skin of my neck, his voice not sounding like him at all. The rough dark tone that was lacing the voice sent more shock through my body, as I could not move a single muscle in order to get away from this creature.

I was now in contact with The Devil. He was in charge of Grayson, he decided on would I live or not.

Nothing could help me now.

Now I was left to His mercy.

the epilogue in the next chapter will be shocking...