Chapter 16

the party was going well and everyone was having fun. Namjoon was sitting on the couch next to Yoongi holding a can of beer and talking to the other, who was drinking red wine. they work in the same industry and both guys were workaholic, so even at parties and gatherings they would talk about work.

Jin, Hoseok and Jimin were standing next to the buffet and talking, their laughter was louder than the music. this trio was truly chaotic. Even though Jin and Hoseok were closer to each other, Jimin had no problem to adapt and get along with them. He was a social butterfly and everyone liked him.

I mean, honestly, who doesn't like the Park Jimin?

Jungkook and Taehyung were in the kitchen bringing more drinks. Of course, Taehyung didn't drink, and even if he wanted to, Jungkook wouldn't have allowed it.

"Jungkook, there is some white wine next to the fridge. Jin and Namjoon brought it. Don't forget to thank them"

"okay baby"

Jungkook replied, Taehyung was used to these kind of pet names by now. In the first months they used the pet names sarcastically, but over the last months they use them more often and naturally. Taehyung smiled and walked over to the fridge to get the cake.

"Ohhh isn't that my favorite?"

Jungkook asked as he peeked in the fridge and was very amused to see his favorite red velvet cake.

"bingo. of course I would get your favorite"

Taehyung replied as he carefully put the cake on the kitchen table. Jungkook caught him by surprise as he sneaked from behind and kissed his cheek. Taehyung smiled and turned around so he was facing Jungkook now.

"But you are my favorite too. Do I get to eat you as well?"

Jungkook asked as he pulled the younger closer to him. Taehyung's face turned bright red, especially when Jungkook leaned in and kissed him softly. Taehyung put his arms around Jungkook's neck and deepened the kiss.

"Not really sorry to interrupt you two lovebirds but there are people outside waiting for the cake."

Jimin said as he walked into the make-out session of the married couple. Taehyung broke the kiss and glared at Jimin, who laughed in amusement.

"cock blocker"

Jungkook muttered as he walked out of the kitchen to join his friends. Jimin took out plates and forks while Taehyung searched for candles to put them on the cake.

"Happy birthday to you~"

Taehyung started singing with the others, as they brought the cake to Jungkook. The birthday boy blew the candles and made a wish. Then he cut the cake and everyone poured some wine in their glasses - except Taehyung who grabbed a can of cola.

The party was going very well and by now everyone was heavily drunk and dancing to the loud music playing. Jin and Namjoon were now glued to each other on the couch, Jimin was having a karaoke battle with Hoseok; and Taehyung was watching and laughing. Yoongi and Jungkook were next to the drinks holding their wine glasses. They were drinking buddies and enjoyed each other's company.

"Our kookie is now one year older~"

Yoongi said with a loud voice, his face red due to the uncountable glasses of wine he drank. He tends to be very talkative and cute when drunk.

"Yoongi, stop that"

Jungkook was also quiet drunk, but he didn't have any weird drinking habits. He would just be a bit more affectionate but would remain the same as always.  Yoongi grabbed the birthday boy and hugged him.