Chapter 19

Taehyung was in the living room waiting for Jungkook to return from work, when he heard his phone ring. He was slouched on the couch, and his phone was on the end of the table. The though of having to get up tired him.

He glanced at the screen and saw his mother's name. That was enough for him to jump quickly and grab his phone to answer the call.

"Hey mum!"

He said excitedly, although he had talked to his mother on the phone a day ago. Taehyung might never want to admit it, but he was in fact a mama's boy.

"Hello sweetheart"

His mother's kind voice reached him. They exchanged pleasantries and she inquired about his work and what else.

"Would you like to have dinner with us tonight? Of course our dear son-in-law is included"

Taehyung chuckled slightly. His mother had taken a big liking at Jungkook and would always ask about him. Needless to say, Jungkook put a great effort in making his in-laws like him.

"Sure, Jungkook is still at work. I think I will get there first and he will follow."

"alright dear, tell him to be here at seven unless he can make it earlier"

His mother replied before hanging up. The clock read 4:45 pm. Jungkook will be finished with work in a little over an hour. Taehyung made his way to the bedroom while dialing Jungkook's number and putting it on speaker.

"Hello"

He was taking out some clothes when his husband's voice echoed in the room.

"Hey, am I bothering you?"

"you know you never bother me, honey"

Taehyung blushed at his husbands sweet remark and smiled. Meanwhile he took off his shirt and was trying to decide which shirt to wear.

"Mum just called and invited us over for dinner, would you like to go?"

He really did not have to ask, Jungkook will say yes no matter what.

"Of course, what time? Should I pick you up?"

"At seven, of you cant make it there earlier. And no, you don't have to pick me up. I will go there first and help around a little."

"Alright, take a cab, so we can drive back together."

Taehyung smiled, he was already thinking of doing that anyways. He put on his baby blue shirt and took off his pajama trousers. He now had to decide between wearing a jeans or blue dress pants.

"will do"

"Why is your voice so distant and muffled?"

"Oh I am taking off my clothes"

Silence.

When Taehyung processed what he had said, he started panicking.

"No wait, I meant..I was changing, like changing clothes to go out, you know?"

He waited for his husband to reply but he got back a small laugh from him first.

"yea I know. And I know that I don't want to picture you doing so, not at work at least"

Jungkook added the last part in a teasing tone, and Taehyung was about to fall on the ground from embarrassment.

"See you later"

He said hurriedly and hung up on his husband after the latter said his goodbyes. How Jungkook could make him weak in the knees over the phone, he did not know. He settled for the blue dress pants and called a cab. He did his hair quickly and put on a perfume. After checking if he had his wallet, watch and phone, he left the house and found the cab waiting for him already.