Chapter 18

It has been a little over a week since Jungkook's birthday and his sudden confession. Things did not change drastically, but Taehyung could notice Jungkook's attempts at pursuing him: the warm smiles, the soft kisses, the compliments and much more. His heart is in danger of exploding every time, but he is still not ready to get his feelings involved. Apparently he has "too much of trust issues", or so Jimin said.

Of course he told Jimin about what happened at Jungkook's birthday, and his bestfriend hasn't stopped teasing him since.

He was on his way home from the office when his phone rang.
Jin hyung, the screen read.

"Hey Tae, are you busy?"

"Hyung! no I just got out of the office. What's up?"

Taehyung held his phone between his ear and his shoulder to get the car keys out of his pocket. He plopped in the car and put the phone on speaker.

"I was wondering of you'd like to come over, I need to ask you for a little favor."

"Sure, I will be there in 10."

Taehyung hung up after Jin had thanked him. He only visited Jin's and Namjoon's apartment once but still memorized the road. They had invited the newlyweds alongside with Jimin for dinner.

Blasting Adele on the speaker, he started his car and made his way there. When he arrived, he parked his car and entered the building. The couple lives on the 13th floor, so he surely was not going to take the stairs.

He finally rang the doorbell and did not have to wait much before the door was opened and a smiling Jin greeted him.

"Thanks for coming"

Jin said as he engulfed the younger in a warm hug. Taehyung entered the apartment and he couldn't dismiss the thought that he was entering an art gallery or a museum.

Namjoon has a big interest in art and wooden furniture. The place was decorated accordingly, along with some bookshelves in the living room. But his favorite part were the picture frames on the walls and the shelves: pictures of Namjoon and Jin throughout the year, graduation pictures and group pictures including Jungkook on them.

He noticed a addition though, it was the picture they took when they visited the couple the first time: Everyone was on it sitting at the dining table smiling.

"Do you want to drink anything?"

"I would love a coffee"

He replied as he sat down on the couch and took out his phone. Jin went to the kitchen and Taehyung opened the messages. Jungkook would probably get home late, but he still wanted to text him about the change in plans.

Husband ❤

Me
Hey
I am currently at Jin's
just so you know

He didn't have to wait long for his husband's reply. Jungkook could be on the moon and he would still reply to Taehyung immediately.

Husband ❤
alright love, take care
and have fun :)

A smile creeped on his face at the pet name, but he held it back and locked his phone as Jin approached him with two cups in his hands.

"I don't have to guess who made you smile like this"

Jin remarked as he offered the younger the coffee and settled on the couch opposite to him. Taehyung could feel his face heat up but did not reply.