Plan Suckage - Chapter Nineteen

A N N I E

I sorted through the stacks of paper I needed to deliver to Ms. Flemming's room. She needed worksheets, plain computer paper, and--

"Derek?"

I wouldn't be the first time I've seen him wandering our school hallway, stalking us. Derek looked up and down the hallway before walking towards me. "Annie, hey."

"What are you doing here--" I held out a hand, closing my eyes, "do I even want to know?"

"Probably not, but you might need to know. The blade Brett got nicked with was laced with a powerful type of wolfsbane, and he's not looking too hot. Stiles is at the clinic with Deaton trying to help the kid." Derek said.

I sighed, "Still does not explain why you're here--actually," I looked over at Ms. Flemming's room, and then back to Derek, "if you could hold off on that part of the story while I drop off these papers, that'd be great."

"Wait, are you going in there?" Derek pointed to the classroom I was about to walk into.

I raised an eyebrow at him, nodding.

"Annie, do me a huge favor."

I sighed, shaking my head, "Depends on what it is, Derek."

"I need Malia, badly. She's in that woman's classroom. Just tell the teacher the principle wants a word, or something. Please."

I rolled my eyes, "Derek, I could get suspended if they find out that I lied. Do you understand what that means for--"

"Annie, they'll never know!" Derek snapped, and I was taken aback from his rabid behavior, but mostly the color of his eyes... they were yellow instead of blue.

"What happened to your eyes?"

Derek sighed, "I don't know, something with the effects of what Kate did to me. It's happening to my powers too, like my scent. That's why I need Malia."

I huffed, "Derek, I just---"

"Annie... this is life and death. A kid is going to die without her help."

I sighed, then nodded. "Fine, but you owe me, Hale."

I turned and opened the door, walking in. "Ms. Flemmings?" she turned to me, "Your papers."

"Oh, thank you." she smiled, taking them from me.

I stood there for a second longer, "Also, I need to see Malia Tate in the hallway, please. It's urgent."

"Malia?" Ms. Flemmings said, and Malia stood up, eyeing me.

I nodded, "Thanks."

I turned to walk out, but Ms. Flemmings stopped me. "Oh, and Annie?"

I turned around, "Yeah?"

"Have you seen Stiles or Kira today?"

I shook my head, "Stiles is home battling... an illness. And Kira's having... family issues."

Ms. Flemmings nodded, "Alright, thank you."

I sighed in relief as I shut the door. Malia walked over to Derek, "What are you doing here?"

"Brett's still out of it. I need to find his pack and warn them about the Dead Pool." Derek replied.

Malia shook her head, "So what do you need me for?"

Derek waved his hands in the air, "I know a little something about this pack. They have a kind of secret meeting place in the woods. No one's spent more time in the woods of Beacon Hills than you." he held out an article of clothing to Malia. "This is Brett's. Breathe it in."

Malia shook her head, taking it from him. "I'm not good at this yet."

"Try it. I'll teach you." Malia nodded, smelling the cloth. "Focus on a different scents. Some are tied to identity, others give off an emotion."

Malia took the cloth down from her face, "I think I got it."

Derek nodded, "Let's go."

Malia started off down the hallway, but I quickly stopped her. "Malia!"

She turned around, "Yeah?"

"You haven't see Liam today have you? He wasn't in first hour."

Malia shook her head, "No, sorry. Try Scott."

* * *

"Coach!" I yelled, running up to him, Scott and Mason next to me. "Hey, you didn't happen to see Liam during P.E. right? I know he has it sixth hour and it's the end of the day."

"Sorry, guys." Coach shook his head, "Liam skipped my class. Maybe he's sick," Coach rolled his eyes as Greenberg walked by. "Like me."

We watched as Coach walked away, yelling something vulgar to Greenberg. Mason shook his head, "Liam did look sick on our run."

"He's not getting back to any of my texts," Scott shook his head.

Mason sighed, "Mine either."

"Yeah, don't worry." Scott gave Mason a slap on the back. "We'll find him. But text me if you see him."

"Alright," Mason sighed, walking away down the hallway.

Suddenly, my phone started ringing in my pocket. I looked down at it and elbowed Scott.

LIAM DUNBAR
ANSWER IGNORE

Scott pulled me inside an empty classroom and I hit the answer key, putting my phone on speaker. "Liam?"

"Sounds like you already know the answer to that, Annie."

It was Garrett.

Scott growled, "Garrett, where is he?"

"Come on. As if I'm actually going to tell you that?"

Scott huffed, "I'll give you the money!"

What money??? Oh, the money Garrett and Violet were going to receive for killing Brett. Scott must've found and taken it.

"Yeah, you will. But that's not going to get you Liam back. You're going to have to put in a little more effort than that."

I shook my head, "Garrett, what the hell do you want?"

"I want the money... and Violet, or you'll never see Liam again."

"Okay, what do you want? You want me to go to Stilinski, I can do that. Or I can talk to my father, he's an FBI agent." Scott said harshly.

"You think I want you talking to anyone with a badge? I'm not getting help from a well-trained huntress and an Alpha werewolf because I want them to talk to someone."

"Then what are we supposed to do!" I flipped, and Scott put his hand on my shoulder.

"They're transferring Violet to a federal facility. You are not gonna let that happen."

Scott shook his head, "How?"

"They're going to put her in a car, we're going to follow it. We get ahead of it, you stop it."

"You want us to attack a car? That's your plan?" I shook my head.

"You're an Argent, you've been through the worst situations and you're a damn good fighter. And Scott, you're an Alpha. If you guys can't stop one little car, then one little Beta is going to die."

I looked up at Scott.

"Stabbed your boy with a blade dipped in powerful wolfsbane. Once it gets to the heart... Bad things happen."

I sighed, "When is this happening?"

"They're shipping the car out tonight." Garrett snarled, "So be ready."