Chapter 21: "No, you can keep your pants on."

I was at Ali's house two minutes before seven, just so she wouldn't be able to say that I was late. I had actually meant to show up a little late, but I left my house early so I could pick up flowers for her. If this was my one chance, I was at least going to get it right. I couldn't get her out of my head, and because of that I wouldn't even think of hitting on another girl. I needed to see how this played out before I could move on.

She wasn't just another girl. Well, at first she was, but from the moment I danced with her I saw something in her. I wanted to know if it meant anything to her as well. I liked to believe because she gave in to my dinner request that she felt it too, but she was too hardheaded to say anything. If she did than I'm sure she wouldn't tell me, but I wasn't on speaking terms with Sara or Taylor so that I could ask them. 

I really wish Sara would have listened, and Taylor just didn't want to get put in the middle of it. I couldn't blame her, but I wanted to. I thought as I rang Ali's door bell and waited for someone to open the door. Of course it was Emily who opened the door.

"What are you doing here?" She asked eyeing the bouquet of flowers I had in my hands.

"I'm here to pick up Ali."

"Why?" Emily sneered.

"Because she is coming to dinner with me." I saw a smile crease onto her lips as the sentence left my mouth. Although, before I could ask her what was so entertaining to her Ali came to the door. She had on a black dress that showed off the curves in all the right places. While she wasn't skinny like Taylor and Sara, Ali was beautiful all the same, even better to me actually because of her defined curves.

"Are those for me?" She asked pointing to the flowers.

"Yes." I choked out as I handed the flowers to her. Ali smiled and let out a soft giggle before running back inside to put them in a vase.

"Glad to see you weren't lying, Jace." Emily said with a smirk pulling at the corners of her mouth.

"What would I be lying about?" I asked. 

Although, I never got an answer from Emily. Ali came back to the door and pulled me excitedly back to the car. At first I thought she didn’t want to come to this dinner, but now she seemed more than pleased then to come with me. I wonder what changed her mind.

I opened the door for her and let her get in first before taking a deep breath, trying to relax before getting in myself. I heard Emily snort a laugh as the door closed behind her. What has gotten into these girls, was it some twin thing? I wondered as I got in the car and drove off.

“What’s gotten into you and your sister?” I asked when we were about half way to my house.

“What do you mean?”

“She hates me, but she was smiling like I was her best friend.”

“Maybe she warmed up to you?” Ali suggested, but it sounded more like a question than a statement.

“I don’t think she would all of a sudden warm up to me after what I did to her.”

“Maybe she knows something you don’t.” Ali said sounding more sure of herself with this suggestion.

“Oh really, and what would she know that I don’t know?”

“Well, you don’t know that we were about ten minutes apart when we were born and that I have part of her ear from when we were in the womb.”

“That’s gross, don’t tell me that.”

“Now you know how I felt about that tattoo on your butt.” Ali said with a triumphant smile as I pulled into the driveway.