Chapter 30: Aunt Melanie's Phone Call

"Tony will never let them meet me, let alone see me." I say.

"They'll find a way. There smart." Grandpa says kissing my temple. "Your young, you should have fun." He says.

"I have fun.. sometimes." I say. My grandparents chuckle.

"Why don't you show your friends your room, I'll make lunch until then." My grandma says.

"Okay." I say hoping off the white sofa. I get off and walk up the stairs into my room everyone follows me.

"Who's they?" Alex says closing the door and stalking towards me.

"I'm not telling you." I snap.

"Tell me." He growls.

"Alex. Leave her alone." Chris says. "She'll tell us when she's ready." Alex growls.

"And she gonna be ready today." He growls.

"Alex, if she tells you it's gonna hurt her. She can't just go around telling people! It's a serious matter!" Conner growls.

"So Conner can know but I can't!" Alex growls.

"Alex, relax. She'll tell us soon." Jason says.

"Why can't you just tell us now?" Diana asks. "It's killing me with curiosity. And maybe we can help you."

"Just leave her alone!" Mel growls. I sigh.

"I'll be right back. And let me remind you, the former sheriffs is downstairs, and he will not be happy to know your bothering his granddaughter or in a gang." I hiss.

I open the door and walk downstairs. I walk into the kitchen and see grandma and grandpa singing together to a old song while cooking. I smile.

"You two are too cute." I coo walking into the kitchen and opening the fridge. They both smile.

"What are you looking for sweetheart?" Grandma asks.

"Beer. I need it to calm my nerves. I almost had a panic attack today, and I've been going through a lot of stress lately." I say.

Grandpa sighs. "Promise me, you won't drink too much or do something stupid." Grandpa says.

"I promise." I say. Grandpa opens a drawer and tosses me a beer can. I catch it.

"Thank you!" I say kissing their cheeks then run up stairs. When I get up stairs I see everyone in a circle.

"We're playing truth or dare. Wanna play?" Chris asks.

"No." I say opening my beer and drinking it.

"Please?!" Gabi begs. I think about it.

"Ask anything stupid and your getting a smack on the head." I hiss sitting down beside Gabi and Chris.

Gabi spins the empty water bottle and if lands on Alex. I unlock my phone and open up Instagram. This is gonna be boring.

"Truth or Dare?" Gabi asks.

"Dare." He says. I take a sip of my beer.

"Kiss Ally." Gabi smirks. I choke on my drink, and his eyes widens. Chris rubs my back.

"I did not agree to this!" I hiss.

"Too bad!" Chelsea says. "Just do it Ally." She says.

"Shut up Chelsea.." I hiss getting up from the floor. I open the French doors for my balcony beside my floor length windows and step outside. I close the door behind me stand on the balcony railing and jump, my hands grip the edge of the roof and I pull myself up. I walk into the centre on then roof and lean on the chimney. I drink my beer and unlock my phone. I call Tony.

"Ringgg!"

"Ringgg!"

"Ringgg!"

"Ring-"

"Hello?" His voice calls.

"Tony?" I ask. "You left me alone." I say.

"I'm sorry Ally, I had to. I told Gabi to check on you, is she taking care of you?" He asks. I feel tears stinging my eyes.

"I almost died Tony, and it was her mistake! I drove to grandpa and grandma's cottage and she followed me here. I almost crashed my car several times because of her and her stupid mistake! Thank god I know how to drag race other wise I would've been dead by now! I was chased by 15 cars Tony! 15 damn cars!" I sob into the phone.

"What?" His voice cracks. "I'm so sorry Ally. I didn't know she would do that! Do you want me to call someone to live with you for the time I'm not there?" He asks.

"No, I don't want to live with a stranger. I can take care of myself, just promise me, if anything happens to me, you go after Gabi." I say.

"I promise Ally." He says. "I got to go." He says.

"Bye." I say.

"Bye." He says in return then hangs up. I wipe my tears and take a swing of my beer.

"ALLY! WHERE ARE YOU DARLING?! LUNCH IS READY!" I hear my grandma's voice call. I sigh, I walk to the edge of the roof and see everyone standing there. They all gasp.

"I told you to not do anything stupid!" Grandpa scolds.

"I do this all the time grandpa!" I defend myself. I take the last swing of the beer than throw it at Gabi's head. Kai catches it and glares at me, I show him the finger.

"Ally! We taught you better!" Grandma scolds. "Apologize right now!"

"Can I come down first?" I ask crossing my arms over my chest.

"Wait there, we'll get the ladder!" My grandma says.

"I don't need a ladder!" I yell.

"Yes you do!" Gabi yells. "You just drank beer! Your drunk!"

I groan. "I'm not drunk." I roll my eyes. "I have a high tolerance." I say. "Can I jump now?" I snap.

"Someone will have to catch you then!" Grandpa yells.

"Who would volunteer to do that?" I snort. Grandma and grandpa panic and start discussing who's strong enough to catch me.I laugh and jump. I land on kneeling.

I start laughing at everyone's reaction.

"I told you, I could do it." I say.

"Ringgg!"

"Ringgg!"

"Rin-"

"Hello?" I call into the phone.

"I saw Mari." Aunt Melanie's voice says.

"What? Where?" I hiss.

"At the airport. I was picking up Harrison, he came back from Afghanistan today, I saw her, she saw me and before I could say anything she left." Aunt Melanie cries. Uncle Harrison was a soldier, he's deployment was at Afghanistan and he is meeting Aunt Melanie after 2 years.

"I'm coming there right now. I'll find out where their flight is going." I say finishing for my keys in my pocket.

"Okay. I'm waiting for you here." She cries. We say our goodbyes and I hang up.

They were in California the whole time! That meant when I heard their voices the other day, they were actually there!

I rush to my car and unlock it. I put my seatbelt and leave my keys and phone on my lap. I hear everyone call for me but I drive off.

Nothing's stopping now.