Chapter 6

As weeks went by, the seven friends grew closer and hung out at Skye's at least once a week. Rocky had even stayed there for a few nights, sleeping on a bed in a spare room.

Skye's parents had offered him somewhere to sleep whenever he couldn't cope with his father.

One day, Zuma was walking through the almost empty corridor at the end of the day to his locker when he saw Rocky leaning against his drinking a bottle of water.

"Heya Wocky!" Zuma waved.

"Hi, *hiccup* Zuma."

"Hiccups?" The brunette laughed.

Rocky nodded "Yeah, tried everything, even downing water and they just won't go away." He hiccuped again, making his friend laugh.
As he studied the boy again, Zuma noticed something different about the grey haired boy. Specifically his smell.

It wasn't an unhygienic smell but he smelt... odd.

"Well, I best be going." Rocky sighed, walking away.

"Staying at Skye's tonight?"

"Yeah."

"You hawdly ever go home anymowe. Doesn't your dad cawe?"

"Apparently not. Oh well, I still sneak back to get stuff now and then." He shrugged. "See you tomorrow Zuma."

"Bye." As Rocky turned the corner, Zuma saw that he had left his key in the lock, along with his lanyard and student ID. Cautiously, he looked around and opened his friends locker. He saw a few pictures hung on his the back of his door with green magnets.

One was a selfie of all of the squad, as Skye and Everest called them, together that Skye had taken, they all had that one.

The other was one Zuma had taken when he and Rocky were messing around one day. They both looked ridiculous, crossing their eyes and sticking their tongues out.

Zuma smiled and shook his head. That boy. I sure do love him. He thought.

Zuma looked up and saw the clear plastic bottle. Not believing his friend's story of it being water, he reached up and opened the lid. He inhaled deeply and cringed.

"Watew. Suwe it is Wocky." Zuma put the bottle in his bag and locked both the lockers and grabbing both of their ID's.

"Why didn't he tell me?" He wandered aloud.

Meanwhile, at Skye's house, her and Rocky were sat in what was now the boy's bedroom.

"Skye, how does stuff happen? Like feelings?" Rocky asked, leaning his head against the wall. Skye flopped down next to him, already in her pyjamas; pink tank top and leggings.

"Aw does Rocky have a crush?" She teased, ruffling his hair. He swatted her hand away, laughing. The pair definitely saw each other and more of a sibling.

"Yeah I do." He sighed.

"Who is it?" Skye asked, leaning forward, in the direction of gossip.

"Promise you won't laugh or tell?"

"Promise."

"Zuma."

"I knew it! I knew it! I am gonna make Ruma happen!" She cheered.

"Hey you promised you wouldn't— wait. Ruma?"

"Your ship name." She smiled cheekily.

Rocky rolled his eyes. "Whatever you say Skase."

"Skase? I like it." She laughed.