Chapter 49

"It's eight AM. It's been...eighteen hours!" Chase yawned, stretching and resting his arm around Skye.

"These things take time Chase." Rocky groaned, rubbing his eyes as Rivet bounced off of him.

"I know but he said he'd keep us posted."

"Do you want me to-" Skye was cut off my her phone pinging. It was a notification to say that Marshall had posted on Instagram. The blonde rolled her eyes. "Unbelievable." She muttered. Regardless, she opened her phone and found the post. She gasped quietly and ran out of the room, frantically dialling Everest's number.

"What was that about?" Zuma propped himself up on his elbows. Rocky and Sweetie had both looked at Instagram on their phones and saw what the worry was about.

"Oh no."

"What? What's wrong?" Tracker asked. Sweetie turned her phone for the boys to see. It was a picture of a small purple card with a purple butterfly on it and the name 'Toby' written underneath.

"Yeah I don't understand." Chase admitted. Sweetie and Rocky exchanged a deadpan look before the grey haired boy opened his mouth.

"Chase it's part of the purple butterfly project."

"We don't take childcawe babe." Zuma chuckled slightly.

"Wow so you don't even listen to me when I talk about my day." Rocky rolled his eyes "It's a worldwide initiative to help bring awareness to the loss of a child born in a set of multiple babies."

As the others processed the information, silence filled the room.

"Shit." Chase finally muttered. Skye walked in and was met with the others expectant stares.

"I told them to take as much time as they needed to see us but Ev insists on coming over later." She sighed. Everyone else nodded.

"Don't bring it up." Skye, Rocky and Sweetie pointed at the others, making sure that their warning was clear.

"We won't." The remaining four held their hands up. Skye looked at her phone again and smiled.

"What?" Rubble asked.

"Look." Skye sat next to Chase as the others gathered around to see. Marshall had just updated his Facebook status with a picture of him, Everest and their daughter.
"I couldn't be more proud to announce that this morning at six forty-five, me and Everest welcomed Savannah-May Clark into our family and hearts. Thank you to everyone for your support and being there for us, especially now as it is a happy yet hard time all at once because Savie won't have her brother, Toby, by her side but I know he'll be watching over her all the way. I can't wait for the future with my two special girls." The blonde read, smiling with her friends.

"She's so cute." Sweetie cooed, joining Skye in the sofa. Tracker and Chase exchanged a scared look and nodded.

"Run." They sprinted to grab some snacks before the girls talked about babies to them, making Rocky and Zuma laugh so hard that they lost their balance and ended up on the floor. Already, Skye saw floods of comments and reactions from Marshall's family, new friends from school and even those who didn't necessarily talk to them as well. But she was one that made her blood boil.

"I'm gonna kill that brat." Sweetie muttered.

"I can do one better." Skye smirked, replying to the remark. Chase and Tracker returned with hot cocoa for everyone.

"What's that?"

"Just Ash being a bitch." Skye shrugged.

"What's she done now?"

"Commented on Marsh's status saying 'I love it when two ugly people find each other and fall in love.' I just replied asking who the lucky guy was."

"Ata girl!" Chase  high fived her.