Chapter 34

"No I'm staying at Zuma's tonight. Tell her I said thanks anyway. Yeah we're still coming tomorrow. Okay. Bye." Rocky smiled as he hung up the phone. He rested his head back on the sofa as an exhausted looking Zuma walked down the stairs.

There was a crash as the brunette managed to somehow trip over the stair-gate that blocked off the bottom of the stairs despite passing the one at the top. Rocky giggled as he watched his boyfriend also almost trip over his own dog, Zelda. Luckily, the brown Labrador moved before the boy had the chance.

"Is he asleep?" Rocky asked as Zuma flopped lazily onto the sofa.

"Yep. Fow now." Zuma closed his eyes. "Man I hate babysitting." Zuma was watching his little brother, who was only one and a half, for the night and the next day while his mother was working.

His parents had divorced shortly after Nate was born and he never saw much of his father anymore. Anyway, he had a new family, he'd moved on. He had before he left Zuma's mother.

"I'm sure he'll be out for the count until the morning." Rocky lay down alongside his boyfriend who snaked an arm around him.

"Maybe we'll get a lay-in." Zuma hummed. Rocky gave him 'the look'.

"We have to get up at about seven if we're gonna get ready to meet the others."

"Yeah. Just like I said. We might get a lay-in." The brunette opened one eye to glance at his smirking partner.

The grey haired boy gave him a peck on the cheek and lay his head on his chest, closing his own eyes as Zuma's chest rose and fell with his steady breaths. Just as they were about to fall asleep, there was a cry from Nate's room. Zuma groaned but Rocky stopped him from standing.

"I'll go." The grey haired boy said.

"No it's fine I got it." Zuma stood up but was pushed back down again.

"Honestly it's fine. Nate loves me." Rocky laughed. Being too tired to argue, Zuma lay back as Rocky went to see if he could calm Nate down. After a few minutes, Rocky was back downstairs.

He lay on top of Zuma, leaning down and kissing him.

"I guess he's asleep?" Zuma chuckled as they pulled apart.

"Yeah. He should sleep through the night. And looking at you, you might too." Rocky smiled. He rested his head on Zuma's chest as the brunette stroked his hair. Slowly, the two felt their eyelids grow heavy.

"Night Wocky. I love you." Zuma kissed the grey haired boy's head.

"Goodnight Zumy. I love you too." Rocky smiled.