Chapter 29

That night, Skye was back at Chase's house. She walked out of the bathroom in her pyjama shorts and a matching grey t-shirt that hung loosely on her petite frame. She opened Chase's door and saw him laying on his bed in grey jogging bottoms, his hair now messy and slightly damp after his shower.

Skye's gaze fell to her boyfriend's arms that were covered in fresh cuts and a few that had healed. Finally, Chase looked away from the TV and noticed Skye looking at him.

"I wondered where my t-shirt went." He laughed slightly. Skye smiled and walked over to him, pulling the covers over them and wrapping herself in the brunette's arms.

"You ok?" She asked him.

"Yeah." Chase kissed her on her head and suddenly noticed that he could no longer feel Skye's ribs dig into him. He smiled, knowing that he'd helped her but then frowned because he knew she felt guilty for not helping him. It wasn't Skye's fault - Chase hadn't told anyone but he knew she still felt bad.

"None of this is your fault." He murmured to her. Skye nodded but still had a small pit of guilt in her stomach. "I mean it Skye. Don't blame yourself for what I did."

Skye looked up at Chase and sighed.
"But you helped me when I needed you. I should've done the same."

"No I should've told you what was going on, then let you help me." Skye was about to argue but Chase planted his lips on hers, keeping her quiet. She mentally rolled her eyes but smiled and wrapped an arm around her boyfriend and pressed harder. They pulled apart after a few minutes and cuddled up together, watching the TV absent mindly.

"This is nice." Skye smiled. "We don't normally get much time to ourselves. Our dates have always been interrupted." Chase laughed as he realised his girlfriend was right.

"I guess so."

"What day is it?" Skye though aloud.
Chase looked at his calendar.

"Tuesday. Man am I glad it's half term - no school for two weeks."

"Did you know Rubble's got a Saturday job."

"Really? Since when?"

"Only a few weeks ago but it's just advertising. Still, he's happy to be earning some cash."

The two were silent for a while. "We sound like parents don't we?" Chase chuckled.

"Yeah." It was true, the group were very protective and almost parent like to the youngest member.  Skye laughed and rested her head on Chase's chest, wrapping her arms around him.

"Goodnight Chase."

"Goodnight Skye. I love you."

"I love you too."