Chapter 14

"Skye!" Chase called. "I have a surprise for you!" He practically skipped through the hospital room door, making the girl giggle from her bed. She was sat up and leaning against her pillows watching tv.

"What is it?" She asked happily as her boyfriend sat on the lower half of her bed and took off his bag. He opened it and pulled out a brown paper bag that gave an amazing smell.

"Is that what I think it is?!" She smiled, now hearing her stomach growl.

"You bet." Skye snatched the bag off Chase and opened the box before starting to eat. Chase laughed at her.

"What?"

"Nothing, it's just I'm glad your getting better faster." He laughed.

"Me too, I just can't wait to get outta here." She sighed before eating another gravy-dipped chip.

"Well it should be soon, just before Christmas right?"

"I think so. Speaking of Christmas, are you guys still good for the afternoon or do you want to spend it with your families?" She asked, thinking about the groups plans to spend the Christmas afternoon together.

"I think we'll be good. I am anyway."

"Coolio. Damn that snack box was good." She laughed "I have missed you KFC!" She licked the last little bit of gravy from her fingers and closed the box. "Gotta find somewhere to get rid of this. I shouldn't really have it here." She mumbled, looking around for a bin.

"Leave it to me m'lady." Chase said, scrunching up the rubbish so it was hardly noticeable.

"You sure?" Skye laughed.

"Don't worry, Chase is on the case." He jogged our of the room, leaving his girlfriend giggling in her room.

When he came back, Skye was smiling at him, in a daydream.

"Whatcha thinking about babygirl?" He smirked, sitting next to her.

"Just when we first got together. Seems strange but I thought it was magical." She sighed dreamily.

"Yeah." He smiled, laying behind her. Chase slid his arms around Skye's still small frame and pulled her close to his chest. He gently placed small kisses along her neck, making her giggle at the affection she was receiving.

"I love you." He murmured against her skin.

"I love you too." Skye turned around so she was facing the brunette.

"Thanks for bringing my stuff up as well when I woke up, last week." She nodded towards her bag that had contained her pyjamas, a couple of books, a portable DVD player with some of her favourite films, three bars of chocolate and, to Skye's delight, Chase's hoodie that she was wearing at that very moment. She cuddled up to Chase and breathed in, enjoying his scent.

"I'm never gonna get that hoodie back now am I?" He chuckled.

"Nope. You should know that girlfriend is just a code for personal, legal thief." She replied, making the pair laugh.

"Movie?" She asked.

"Sure." Skye leaned across and put her Beauty and the beast DVD in the player and pressed play before cuddling back into Chase. After a while, the pair fell asleep in each other's arms.

Skye's nurse, Marshall's mother, smiled as she walked into the room and left the pair alone. Any of the other nurses that saw smiled at the sight and soon it was the talk amongst them.

When their friends turned up, the couple were still fast asleep. Each of them smiled and said the same thing at the same time.

"Goals AF."