Chapter 10

"And upload!" Skye smiled as she clicked the button on her laptop. Her and her friends had made yet another video and were now quite enjoying making them.

"I can't believe we have...how may subscribers is it?" Rocky asked, laying on his stomach on Skye's bed.

"Five hundred. In a week!"

"That's a lot."

"We still getting hate from people at school?" Everest looked up at Skye's laptop.

"Yeah." She sighed. "Oh well at least some people like our content."

"Amen to that." Chase laughed.

"Rocky!" Skye's mother called up the stairs.

"Yeah?!" He yelled back.

"There's someone here to talk to you!"

"I'm coming!"

"Yet when I yell back, she can't hear me." Skye rolled her eyes and checked the notifications on their channel. The group laughed as Rocky expertly rolled off of the bed and stood up. He gave Zuma a peck on the cheek, making the boy blush.

"Back in a sec." he said, closing the door behind him. Skye and Everest looked at him and smiled.

"Whaaat?" He giggled.

"You're blushing." Everest teased.

"S-so?"

"Aww did 'Wocky' make his boyfriend blush?" Skye giggled.

"Girls leave him alone." Chase laughed.

"To change the subject, I love your hair colour now Evvy." Marshall smiled as he sat next to Everest who had dyed her hair to a soft auburn colour.

"Thanks." She smiled, leaning into his chest.

"Hey! Why can he call you Evvy but when I do you throw a tantrum?" Skye queried.

"Because he's my boyfriend." She sassed. Skye stuck her tongue out in response, making the latter laugh.

"Do you think we should change our name on here?" Rubble asked.

"Maybe. I think we could do with something a little shorter."

"Yeah. Well let's think of one thing we have in common..."

"We all like or have dogs." Marshall suggested.

"Paw something?" Chase though aloud. In a stereotypical way, the group thought of another word beginning with 'p'.

"Paw patrol?!" Skye jumped up from her chair. The group thought about it.

"I like it." Marshall nodded.

"Sounds kinda like a kids tv show to be honest." Chase chuckled. "Like a group of pups that rescue people. Not saying that I don't like it."

"I guess but it does sound cool." Everest laughed.

"Paw Patrol it is!" Skye smiled, typing the new username into their account.
The group gave a dog like howl, something that they did in weird times of celebration after they tried to find out who could do it best, and laughed at their own ridiculousness.

Rocky walked back into the room, he looked shocked but a little bit happy.

"What's up?" Rubble asked.

Everyone looked at Rocky as he sat on Skye's bed.

"Uh my dad's been arrested for neglect and abuse." The others didn't know what to say. Should they be happy? Sad? Worried?
Rocky continued. "And Skye's parents have offered to foster me."

"So you're living here now?" Chase asked after a brief pause.

"Yeah." Rocky's face remained blank for a split second before he smiled. "I...I don't have to put up with him anymore." He said as if it had just hit him.

"Wocky awe you alwight?" Zuma asked, placing a hand on his boyfriend's shoulder.

"Alright? I'm more than alright!" He laughed happily. The friends all breathed a sigh of relief before laughing with him.

Free. He was free.

From his father at least...