Red Head Angel

Looks like it's only you and me.

I sighed, my head falling back to the wall. My eyes fluttering close as my brows furrowed; another growl erupting from my stomach. God, I'm so hungry. And tired and...well, I'm just fucked all around aren't I. Damn everything hurts. Should I try to move? Nah, better try to get some sleep.

     But it's hard to get some sleep on an empty stomach. Even harder when every slightest move inflicts pain. Besides, even if I wanted to sleep I couldn't; my mind was cluttered with too many thoughts. Most of them were about Ky. I bet you're sleeping right now; no. You were too troubled to sleep on your own. I hope Sakura made him some kind of concoction to make him relax. God knows I could really use one right now. Damnit...I'm gonna cry thinking about you. Stupid Alpha! Why do you have to make me miss you so much. I wiped at my tears furiously with the little strength I had. Damn it, the tears won't...I heard a sound. My body stiffened as I peered into the hallway. Eyeing it carefully as I scanned it with an alert tension. I stayed like that few a minute, waiting for a sound, for even a glimpse of someone else.

I looked away, leaning back into the wall as I exhaled. Little relief coming my way. Huh, I guessed it was just my imagination. Or maybe a rat...ew. I relaxed, only to be startled by the sound of running feet followed by a clang. My head whipped back to the hall. A glimpse of something shiny flashing my eyes. It took me a moment to focus on the object that slammed against the silver bars. Narrowing my eyes as I peered onto the flat steel object that now laid in front of my prison. Is that...what I think it is? My mouth began to water as the growling of my stomach urged me forward. Crawling on all fours to the edge of my cell. The sweet aroma of food taking over all my senses. Each gesture was absolutely excruciating, but the need to feed my belly pushed passed all of that. Through all the piercing pain of my spine and shoulders. Through the groans and dragging knees. Through all the screams that told me to stay down. Only to be rewarded with a smile and the sight of fresh, delicious food.

     My stomach roared with the sweet aroma. Licking my lips as I stared down at the rosemary grilled chicken half. White fluffy grains of beautifully done rice beneath a thin line of asparagus. Salted and sautéed in melted butter along with a warm, golden brown biscuit. Looking so soft to the touch. I swallowed as I stared at the ice that shifted slightly in the tall glass of water. God I was so thirsty; so...hungry. I carefully snaked my hand through the bars. Extending my fingers as I reached for the biscuit. Already feeling it's softness in my mouth, staring at it eagerly.

     Something in my subconscious made me stop. Recoiling my hand slightly as they still yearned to grab the biscuit and just shove it in my face. Ready to devour the meal like a wild animal. But...who brought it? Dante said not to give me anything and I would doubt one of his servants will disobey his orders. And what if it's poisoned? No, they need me alive and I don't smell any night shade so it should be safe. But who ever left this here they would have to be fast, wicked fast. I sniffed the air; they're still here.

I growled, "show yourself!" At first there was nothing, not even the slightest scuttle. "Oh come on, I know you're in here. I can smell you a mile away. Besides I can't even hurt you in this cage so come out would ya?" I negotiated, sitting on my knees as I listened closely. Searching for the tiniest bit of movement. I held my breath as I saw little white toes peek from the shadows that resided in the corner. A small figure of glistening white and fiery red. Curls as wild as their owner and faint freckles on a dainty nose. My eyes widened, "it's you." It was the girl from before, the one that told Dante that I wasn't Ky's mate.

She looked at me nervously. Chewing on her bottom lip as she swayed back and forth like a little child. Acting as if she had just been caught stealing a bite from the cookie jar. "I..." She exhaled, "I thought you could be hungry. So I stole a dish for you from the kitchen." Her voice was the embodiment of a bell. Soft and sweet, dainty with the power to be loud.