The End Within A New Beginning

"Do you Ky Severs take Serena Havenmoon to be your lawfully wedded wife?"

"I do," He said with the biggest smile. His thumb stroking circles on my skin.

"And do you, Serena Havenmoon, take Ky Severs to be your lawfully wedded husband?"

"I do, with all my heart I do." A small laugh trickled from the crowd as they knew I couldn't help my enthusiasm. Ky's chest rumbling with a chuckle as his eyes were filled with so much love, his alpha red dangerously poking through.

"Then with the power invested in me, I now pronounce you husband and wife. You may now kiss the bride."

Ky grabbed me by the face, catching me in a long kiss as our family and friends rose from their seats. Clapping and cheering the newly married couple as we ourselves couldn't nor desired to contain our happiness. We couldn't stop smiling when our lips parted, his arms holding me tight against his chest and his forehead pressed against mine. I am so happy, I thought as tears ran down my cheeks to only fall from my chin. Gracing his chest with the purest form of sentimental love.

So happy.  

     The sound of my morning alarm woke me from my sleep. A sleeping Ky groaning next to me as I reached for my phone, turning off the alarm before placing my phone back on the night stand. I rubbed my eyes, sighing profusely as every muscle in my body did not want to get out of this bed. What a wonderful dream, what a greater memory. Too bad it got cut short though, we were just getting to the good part. I turned, laying on my side as I looked at Ky, feeling Ky's hand on my hip tighten as I couldn't help but smile at the sheer sight of him. I ran my fingers through his messy bed head, a small sigh escaping his lips before I kissed his forehead. I ran my fingers down his arm to his hand, easing his fingers from my hip as I did my best to get out of the sheets without waking him. The cold air hitting my bare legs before my feet touched the even colder floor. Resisting the urge to hiss from the unexpected cold, peeking over my shoulder to make sure I didn't wake him. He works hard enough.   

     Still asleep. I exhaled with relief, turning back to the night stand as I slipped on my golden wedding band followed by my engagement ring. The metal feeling cold before warming up to my touch. I ran my hands through my hair as I stood up, dressed in one of Ky's button down shirts as I made my way to the window. I peeled back the white curtain just enough to let me see the outside, peering down at the bustling city of Los Angeles. The sun hanging high in the sky. I sighed as I saw a flurry of police cars raced passed our apartment building. Looks like it's gonna be a busy day. It was at that moment that I felt two strong arms wrap around my waist, a strong chest against my shoulders, and the scent of lavender enveloping me.

"Good morning Kitten," He said groggily, giving me a kiss on my cheek. His solid golden wedding band glistening in the sun.

"I'm sorry baby, I didn't mean to wake you."

"Don't worry about it honey," He kissed my neck. "I had to get up anyway. I have an early day at the office and besides it's hard for a man like me to simply sleep next to a woman like you." He smirked, laughing at my blushing cheeks.

I hit his chest playfully, "You scoundrel!"

We laughed.

*

"Are you going to be able to meet me for Lunch?" He asked, buttoning his suit jacket before straightening his tie.

"I'm not too sure yet," strapping my holster around my waist before placing my gun into it, hiding it in my short trench coat. "I have a meeting with a client, in fact I think he is one of your business partners." I added, fidgeting with my badge as I placed it on my holster strap.