Encounter

The cold nipped at their fur and hide. Bowed heads with noses plastered to the snow. Transitioning from the bloody dress, that Sakura held so tenderly, to the ground.

Scent.

     The tainted smell of vanilla and stranger was what they we're looking for. It's what they followed to the foot of a certain mountain range where the trail went dry. The collective clutch of mountains before them were known as the Imperium Mountains. "Mountains of Power" was what the ancients called it. The most deadliest terrain that no mortal nor creature dare to climb.

"How do you think they got up there?" A giant muscular tan wolf questioned as a Sakura rode on his back. Looking at the black Alpha that didn't dare to remove his ruby red eyes from the range. Remaining silent as Jason continued with his questions. "How are we gonna get up there?"

"Simple," spoke the Alpha. Walking away from the foot of the mountain as his body dissolved. Paws turning into two leather shoes as his hand rummaged in the black pocket. Slipping an iPhone from his pants before the light of the screen lit up with the motion. A sneaked picture of Serena's smile flashing before his eyes before the unlocking, swiping threw his contacts quickly. A perplexed Jason stared as an oblivious Daren and Alice scanned the mountain. Feeling their nerves getting the better than them. His thumb found the name, tapping the number before slipping the phone against his ear. Jason hearing the distant ring of phone as snowflakes fell around them.

"Hello?" A familiar voice picking up the phone. The tinge of frustration and worry apparent in his tone.

"Henry," Ky replied, addressing Serena's older CIA brother. "Get the Heli...we have a lead."

And the phone went dead. The time for goodbye unnecessary.

*

The padding of small feet against marble broke the silence of the long, wide hall. A nonchalant hum vibrating from the small throat. The small hop of red curly hair jumping and falling through the air with every skip. The young girl playfully dancing through the hall. Lost in her own little mind as she was unaware of her distance from the throne room. The groan of pain and fastness of air coming faintly. Her mind was torn away from her little dance as the disturbing sound slipped into her ears. The hum and skip came to a slow before stopping all together, standing still. Her weight on the front pad of her feet, her heels off the ground cautiously. Her body leaned forward out of instinct, peering eyes yearning for an image. The sound non-stop as she hesitantly walked directly towards the room. Moving like a deer about to leave the shelter of the forest out into an open meadow. Seeing a familiar outline of the master she had been staying with for so long. Of the only man should could remember, the same one she had open her eyes to. And then, that was when the smell hit her. Blood, salt, vanilla, and hard dried leather. That was when she knew...and that is when she wanted to run in and tear the scene in two.

"Young Lady!" A maid called from behind. Startling the young girl as she jumped back, facing the woman quickly. "The Master told you not be here during the day!" She scolded. The middle-aged woman wagging her finger in disapproval. "It's not good for a child to be all around...this. Bad for the soul, bad for the mind. Hurry! Come before the master finds us! I can't imagine what punishment he could possibly have for you or I." She urged, a hint of fear trembling slightly in her voice. Her eyes scanning the area carefully, not wanting the two to be seen. Terrified if word would get back to Dante of their presence near the throne room. She grabbed the young girl's wrist gently, but her pull was firm. Walking quickly as she dragged the young girl behind her. The small red head not putting up a fight for she didn't want to show bias for the female werewolf she so wished to spare. Looking over her shoulder at the throne room; confirming that she would have to sneak painkillers for the twelfth time.