Without Namjoon

Jin POV:
I was staying up in my bed doing work for the restaurant. I look at the clock. 2:30 AM. Yea I'm up this early when I need to get up early. And some people are asking why, while that is because *ring* *ring* One second.

I picked up my phone and looked at the caller ID "💕Joonie💕" it said. He was requesting a video call. I smiled at it and picked up the phone. He's currently in the US, so he's about to go and have lunch. Him being in the US also means that his tour is ¾ of the way done. Yay!

"Shit, I forgot. Sorry, Jinnie. I didn't mean to wake you up." Namjoon apologized.

"No. It's fine, Joonie. I was awake anyway." I tell him while turning on my light.

"What?!" Namjoon said, surprised "Isn't it like 2:30 AM there?"

"Yep." I answered.

"Then why are you awake?" He asked me.

"Because Jungkook BG is really high. He feels fine, but I still need to make sure it goes down before I go back to sleep." I explained to him.

"Oh really? How high is it?" He asked.

"Low 5 hundreds almost mid 5 hundred. I think it was around 536 or something like that." I say.

"Oh that's high!" Namjoon said.

"Yea. I know that he is getting insulin, it just a matter if his body is using it." I say to him. "So why did you call?"

"Eh, I just wanted to hear your voice and talk to you." He said to me.

I smiled at that "Aww, Joonie. So smooth and romantic."

"Haha, yea. Hey?" He said.

"What?" I asked.

"I miss you." He told me.

"I miss you too." I told him.

We talked until we heard a beeping. My alarm went off. "Jinnie, what was that?" Namjoon asked.

"Oh, my alarm." I tell him.

"Alarm?" He said, confused.

"To remind me to check Jungkook's BG levels to see if he is going down or if he is still going up. You know in case I actually fell asleep." I say to him.

"Oh, well do you need to go?" He asked me.

"No, it will be quick. I'll even take you with me." I say as I get up from the bed.

"Ok." He said.

I open my door and walk down the hall to Jungkook's room. I open his door and turn on the light while walking towards his bed.

"Why is there music playing?" Joon asked quietly.

"Ever since Jungkook was a baby, 2 months before he was born too, he couldn't fall asleep and stay asleep without something playing in the background. Music, white noise doesn't matter what, he needs it." I answer in a normal tone of voice, while setting my phone down and picking up Jungkook's IPod.

"Doesn't the light bother him?" Joon asked normally.

"No. If he has his music playing, he can sleep through everything. I can change his pod while he's sleeping." I tell Joonie. 

"So what's his levels?"

"345 still going down." I say. "Still high, but at least he's going down.

I put his IPod back and grabbed my phone before walking out of his room, turning off the light and shutting the door. I walked back to my room and got into bed.

"Joonie," I say to him "I think I'm going to go back to sleep now. He's low enough and is still going down."

He smiled at me "Ok, Jinnie. It was great hearing your voice again. Good night, I love you." He said to me.

"I love you too. Bye bye." I say to him. He waves before hanging out. With that I went to sleep.

Time skip~

It was a new day. It has been a couple of days since Namjoon called me that night. Now we are on the phone together again today. It's 12 pm Thursday here, so it's around 11 PM Wednesday where he is. 

I was walking into the kitchen to grab Jungkook some juice. We were talking about that night/afternoon we talked last.

"Yea, I still had to get up again because he went low." I say to him.

"Oh, well I'm sorry for that." He said.

"Eh, it's fine. It's the life of living with T1D or having a child with it. You got to be on top of things." I say while I got the juice box.

"Yea." He said while smiling at me.

I turned around and saw through the window someone falling off the playset and hitting the ground on their back.

"Oh my God!" I say loud.

Before Namjoon could say anything, I put down my phone and open the juice box while running outside. I gave Jungkook the juice box and then picked up the crying…

Namjoon POV:
Jin and I were talking peacefully until he saw something and reacted shocked and concerned about it.

"Oh my God!" He said.

"What?" I tried to ask him, but he had already put his phone down and left.

The next thing I hear is crying. I was really worried at this point. What is going on?

"Here, talk to your Dad, ok? I'll get you some ice." I hear Jin say. Then the phone was handed to a crying Taehyung.

"TaeTae, what happened?" I ask him in a calm soothing voice.

"I fell and hurt myself." He said through his cries.

"Off of what?" I ask him.

"The thing." He said.

"The playset." Jin said in the background.

"Oh. You are ok, Buddy?" I ask him.

"Yea, it just hurts." Taehyung said.

"And that's what this is for." Jin said as he came into frame and put the ice pack on Taehyung's head.

"Thanks, Papa." Taehyung said. Wait Papa?

"No problem, Taehyung. Let me check for a thump forming." Jin said, not even noticing. "Good, no thump. Just hold this until your head feels better. Remember, no tears at Jinnie's house, only smiles." He wiped Taehyung's tears.

I smiled at the sight. It reminded me of Jasmine taking care of them. I smiled more at the memories. Maybe Jin is the boy version of Jasmine.

"Daddy?" Taehyung said.

"Yes, son?" I ask.

"When will you be home?" He asked me.

"Very soon, kiddo." I tell him.

He smiles "Ok, Dad. I love you." He said brightly "All better. Can I go back to playing?"

"Yep." Jin said while taking him off of the counter he was sitting on.

After Taehyung left, it was just me and Jin again. "Hey, Jinnie?" I say to him.

"Hmm?" He said while putting the ice pack back. 

"Does Taehyung call you 'Papa' a lot?" I ask him.

"What?" He said, confused.

"Taehyung just called you 'Papa'" I tell him.

"He did? I didn't even realize." He said, kinda shocked. "Wait. So my kids are calling you 'Papa' and your kids are calling me 'Papa'. Also, Tae and Chim call Yoongs and Hobi 'Hyung' and Kook calls them 'Hyung'. It's like we're a family already."

"We've always been a family, Jinnie." I tell him.

He smiles at that. "I love you, Joonie."

"I love you too, Jin."

I hope you enjoyed this chapter. Please stay safe and healthy. I purple you all 💜 💜 💜 .