Chapter 4

Authors pov

After some time, Anam stood outside Dishaan's room, unsure of what to do. Gathering courage, she knocked on the door.

She heard an angry voice and entered the room, feeling scared and wondering what had caused this anger.

As soon as she entered, Anam saw Dishaan sitting angrily, throwing things. She was terrified witnessing his behavior and froze in place.

"What were you doing in my house at this time?" Dishaan asked angrily.

Before Anam could answer, Dishaan grabbed her hand and pinned her against the wall in one swift motion.

Anam felt scared and helpless. She wondered what her mistake was and why her professor was behaving this way. She tried to speak, but no words came out.

Anam's silence only fueled Dishaan's anger.

"I am asking you something. I want an answer. What are you doing in my house with my brother at this time?" Dishaan demanded while banging his hand on the wall.

"This is my home. I live here," she said tremblingly.

"Don't test my patience by lying to me. Tell me the truth. What are you doing in my house?" Dishaan said, his anger evident.

"Miss Malik, I am asking you for the last time. What are you doing here? It is my house."

"Would you mind telling me what you are doing at your professor's house?" he added.

"Professor, I am not lying," she said while crying. "I live here. It's my home."

Dishaan's anger dissipated when he saw tears streaming from her beautiful green eyes. There was an unknown pain in his heart as he witnessed her crying with hiccups.

Without wasting a second, he cupped her cheeks with his hand, trying to comfort her and wiped her tears.

"Please don't lie, Miss Malik. Tell me what you are doing here. I promise I won't get angry. Just tell me why you are here," he said with concern and gentleness.

"I-I'm not lying, Professor. It's my home too. You can ask Danish if you don't believe me," she said while stuttering.

"Fine, can you explain to me why you are claiming my home as yours?" he asked, caressing her cheek.

She melted at his voice filled with care and concern.

"I am Anam Ahmad. It's my late sister Rabail's house, and I live here to take care of my little niece," Anam said in a low voice.

"What did you just say?" Dishaan asked, his voice shaking.

Anam was confused by his sudden change in behavior.

" You are Anam Ahmad. Then why is your surname Malik in the university?" Dishaan asked curiously.

"Be-cau-se," she hesitated, unsure whether to tell him or not.

"I am asking you something, Anam," he said, caressing her cheek.

"Because I am married. That's why my surname is Malik in the university," she said, avoiding eye contact.

"Who is your husband?" he inquired.

"I don't know, Professor. I only know that his surname is Malik," she replied.

"Why did you marry a stranger without knowing anything about him?" he asked.

"Because Abraham bhai (brother) wanted me to marry him, so I did," she said innocently.

"Do you know your husband's name?" he questioned further.

"No, I don't know anything about him," she answered.

"Please explain to me, Anam. I'm not able to understand a single word you're saying," he requested.

"Professor, I belong to a mafia background. I am the sister of the leading mafia of Turkey, Abraham Ahmad. Three years ago I got kidnapped, but came back with bhai's Power,
But one day, suddenly, Bhai came up with marriage documents and asked me to sign them.

And I did it because I knew he would make the right decision for me. After that, I came to Lucknow," she said, releasing a short breath.

Dishaan was in real shock; he couldn't believe that he had been married to Abraham Ahmad's little sister three years ago, and that little princess, his wife, was standing in front of him in his room. Suddenly, he knew the reason why Abraham had sent him to India so urgently.

He just kissed her forehead and left the room without saying anything.

Anam was left stunned by his gesture of kissing her.

********