Chapter 50

Anam's POV

We reached Lucknow early in the morning the next day.

It's not easy to convince Bhai; he really hesitates to send me there. But I know how to make him say yes.

Our private jet arrived around 6 in the morning, but to be honest, I wanted to travel via public transport with my beloved husband. I don't want him to feel unworthy because of all the luxury my brother possesses. This time, I am going as Dishaan Malik's wife, not Abraham Ahmad's sister. I am happily content with what my husband has, but Bhai strictly ordered me to use the private jet because he doesn't want to risk me with public transport in my current condition, which I totally understand. I am in the early stages of pregnancy with an injured shoulder, so his concern is absolutely right.

Danish was present there to pick us up.

"Anaaa...." He shouted from far and came running towards me, engulfing me in a bone-crushing hug.

I also hugged him back, but the thing which hurt me was that he completely ignored Shaan as he was not present there.

I am sure Bhai called him to pick us up, but I didn't expect him to ignore his brother.

There is awkwardness in the situation, and to lighten it, I held Dishaan's hand and interlocked our fingers.

But still, Danish didn't pay any heed to Shaan.

I gave Shaan's hand a tight squeeze to assure him that I am with him.

We reached Malik Villa really soon because there is not much traffic in the morning.

Standing at the main gate of the villa, a flashback of the past rushed into my mind: how I left that place and how brutally Bhai beat Shaan. My heart feels heavy, as if someone placed a giant stone on my chest.

However, maybe Danish and Dishaan understand what I'm feeling. They both hold my hand at the same time and intertwine their fingers, giving me an assured smile. I exhale deeply and step forward with my husband and best friend.

Shanaya is the one who opens the door, as no servant is present in the villa this early. Her eyes widen upon seeing me with Dishaan.

"Anaa..." she says, almost unable to believe that I'm there. I smile and hug her. I really missed her; she's my happy place.

"I really missed you too, Anaa," she says, and I can sense her crying. I also tell her the truth, admitting that I really missed her. Tears flow from my eyes.

We are immersed in our emotional encounter when a voice comes from behind. "Shanaya, who has come so early in the morning? How long have you been standing at the door?" It's Khirat Mom's voice.

We release each other from the hug, and I rush to hug her. "Ammi," I whisper. While hugging her tightly, she hugs me back lovingly. "Anam, my child," she says affectionately. "Why didn't you let us know you were coming?"

"Well, Ammi, Abraham Bhai had called. I knew Anaa was coming," Danish interjects in between.

Shanaya and Danish are completely ignoring Dishaan as if he's invisible, which hurts me to the core. "Dishaan?" Ammi says in surprise.

"Ammi..." Dishaan mutters, trying to control his emotions. He moves to hug Ammi, but she stops him with a motion of her hand.

I can't bear this. Why are they treating him like this? I forgave him, Abraham Bhai forgave him, so why are they hurting him this way?

"Anam, you must be tired. Go get freshened up. I'll make breakfast for you," Ammi suggests.

I nod and intentionally hold Shaan's hand. No one has the right to hurt my husband, the father of my child. I motion for Shaan to come with me, and he tightly intertwines his fingers with mine. We start heading to our room, but we stop when we hear Ammi's voice.