chapter 41

Authors pov

As Dishaan left, Daneen got up from her chair and rode to her apartment, which is only 5 minutes away from her workplace. As soon as she arrived, she changed into her casual clothes and dialed Abraham's number. The way Dishaan had behaved with her in the office had made her curious. She had never expected such behavior from her beloved nephew in her wildest dreams.

Furious, she repeatedly dialed his number, but he didn't answer her calls. She tried numerous times in her rage, and luckily, he finally answered on the 20th attempt.

"Hello?" he said annoyed.

Since he didn't have her number, he must have been busy. As she heard his voice, unwanted emotions surged within her chest. After all, she had once loved him, or perhaps still did.

"Hello?" he repeated.

She snapped out of her thoughts.

"Hello, its daneen," she said, controlling her emotions

"Daneen? Why are you calling me?" he replied coldly, as if she was wasting his time.

She remained silent, unable to believe the coldness in his tone.

"Listen, Daneen, I don't have time to waste, so you better speak up or I'll hang up the call."

"It's about Anam," she said, devoid of any emotion.

No matter how much she loved him, she always held grudges against Anam.

"What about Jaan?" he asked with concern.

"I... I..." she stuttered.

"Daneen, what about Jaan?" he shouted over the call.

"Dishaan raped her. He beat her badly. I have some videos of him torturing her," she said in one breath.

Abraham froze upon hearing this. It couldn't be true. His little princess, whom he had never raised his voice against, was being beaten and raped, and that too by her own husband?

"What are you saying, Daneen? Have you lost your fucking mind?" he barked.

"Listen, I don't want to argue with you. I will send those videos," she said, trying to control her emotions.

Saying this, she ended the call.

"Hello? Daneen?" he shouted.

Within a second, his mobile screen popped up, and when he saw the video of his princess being roughly treated and beaten, he lost his mind.

He had made the biggest mistake of his life by handing over his princess to that monster.

**

Cemal? Anam said nervously.

Where is Rubab? What are you doing here? She asked lazily, as her pregnancy hormones make her tired.

She was about to faint when Cemal rushed to her and held her.

Where is Rubab? Don't touch me, Cemal. She instantly broke free from his grasp.

Relax, Ana. Rubab is with Kerim. They went out to get some candy.

Why are you behaving so strangely?

Before she could say more, she passed out, and Cemal caught hold of her, preventing her from falling to the floor.

He saw her miserable condition, and his eyes watered. Bruises, bandages, wounds in almost every part of her body.

Cemal is not a bad guy; he has always treated her like his own little sister. He can't bear to see her in this condition; his heart is weeping.