Chapter 5

Authors pov

Dishaan was smoking in the bar while thinking about Anam.

"She is my wife," he whispered to himself, with lots of unknown emotions.

"Am I daydreaming about it?" he asked himself, lots of emotions and questions running through his mind.

"Should I tell her that I am her husband? Will she accept me as her husband?"

"Goddd..." he groaned while disposing of the cigarette roughly.

"I can't fall in love with her. I don't deserve her. I don't deserve to be her husband," he said with anger running through his eyes.

"She is just 18," with this, he picked up his phone and dialed Sunidhi's number.

"Hello, Sunidhi mam," he said, getting nervous and angry at the same time.

"Hello, Dishaan, how are you? How is everyone in Lucknow?" she asked happily.

"How could you both do this to me, Sunidhi mam? Howww???" he said with a lack of emotions.

"What are you talking about, Dishaan? Is everything fine there?" she asked, worrying about Anam.

"Nothing is fine, mam, nothing is fine," he said, controlling his crying voice.

"How could you make me get married to Anam, mam? Howww? Don't you have a heart? Doesn't Abraham sir have a heart?" he said, finally letting his cry voice reach Sunidhi.

Sunidhi is not surprised because she knows the reason behind this marriage.

"Dishaan, stop crying, man. I mean, c'mon, you should be happy that you are her husband," she said, consoling him.

"H--ppy? What did you just say, mam? How could I be happy after knowing this?" he asked, still crying. "I am still not able to bear the burden of Rabail aunty's death, then why me?" he asked, shouting in a painful voice.

"Listen, Dishaan, can you please calm down? We forgave you a long time ago," she said, worrying about him.

"Dishaan, listen, before you do anything rubbish to yourself, let me explain to you why we did this."

Dishaan didn't say anything.

"You know, Dishaan, how much Abraham and I love Anam. She is our world, after Rabail aaapi (elder sister). Ayesha and Anam are the only reasons Abraham is living for."

"I will explain everything to you, Dishaan. Please get one thing straight in your mind that it's for Anam's safety. Some Italian Mafia leaders want Anam to get married to them for different reasons. Some of them want Abraham's power, and some fall for Anam's innocence and beauty. But he never wants his little sister to be a part of this world of blood and crime."

"And at that time, the only thing that matters to us is her safety, so we made the decision for her marriage."

"After we save her from those bastards, we ask her to sign marriage documents, and as we know, she signs them without asking a single question. Then we send her to India with a new identity and surname."

"After signing those papers, she is no longer Anam Ahmad, sister of the most feared mafia. She becomes the wife of a common man, Dishaan Malik, without even knowing his name."

Sunidhi said in a sad voice, "How could you marry Anam Bibi to a servant?"

"Dishaan, you are not a servant of Abraham's, you are a member of our family."

"No, mam, I am not your family. I am a murderer," he said in frustration.

"Dishaan, no, you are not a murderer. It was just an accident," Sunidhi said firmly.

He cut the call without saying anything and left.

...

In "Malik Villa" at noon,

"Bro, I am getting bored. Let's do something," Shoyeb said in a yawning voice.

"So, do some work, Shoyeb. Don't disturb me. I am busy now," Danish said in a tense voice.

"Yaar, please, do it later. Your important work can wait. Please, let's go somewhere," Shoyeb pleaded.

"Yaar, don't bother me.," Danish said firmly.

"I hate you, Danish. Go to hell," Shoyeb said.

"What's happening here, guys?" Shreya said with excitement.

"Thank God, you're here. Let's go somewhere, yaar. I am getting bored," Shoyeb said happily.

"Shoyeb, not now. I don't have time for your nonsense. I came here to meet Anam," she said, annoyed.

"Danish and you, both go to hell," he said firmly and left.

Shreya chuckled and went upstairs.

She opened the door without knocking (some BFF things).

Anam was very upset because of what happened a few hours ago.

Shreya hugged her tightly, and so did Anam.

After hugging each other, they sat on the couch, and Anam told her everything in one breath.

"He kissed you?" Shreya asked, shocked.

"Hmm," Anam hummed.

"Are you serious, Anam? How could you let him kiss you? He is a stranger," Shreya asked, getting hyper.

"Please, Shreya, it was just a forehead kiss," Anam pleaded.

"And you know the funny thing is, I didn't feel inappropriate when he touched me," Anam said with no emotion.

"Shreya, I am married to someone. How could I feel comfortable with a stranger's touch?" she said, getting angry.

"Listen, Anam, calm down. It's normal. It was just a kiss. Don't you dare think that you cheated on your unknown mysterious husband. Calm down," Shreya said, consoling her.

Anam hugged her tightly, saying, "You are the world's best best friend, Shreya. I love you."

"I love you too, darling. Now, stop thinking about anything," Shreya said while kissing her head.

*****