chapter 39

Authors pov

"Man, what the fuck? She's not answering my call!" Denial exclaimed in frustration.

"Come on, Danny. She's newly wedded. Why are you disturbing her?" Sarah teased.

"What do you mean, Sarah? She has my ID card, dude. That asshole watchman will not let me in if I don't show him my ID," he shouted.

"Who told you to give your ID to her?" Shanaya accused.

"Your pain in the ass brother, Shanaya," she said in frustration.

"Calm down," Shanaya relaxed her.

"Let's go to her apartment to get your ID," she suggested.

"No, no," Sarah hurriedly said. Both Shanaya and Denial gave her a questioning look.

"Guys, listen to me. She must be busy with her husband. It's just 10 am in the morning," she explained.

"So?" Denial said.

"So we can't go there. Let me call Professor Mishra. She'll help us." Saying this, Sarah dialed Professor Mishra's number.

,

Anam regained consciousness and tried to open her eyes, but the searing pain in her head and the sunlight did not help. She blinked her eyes multiple times and saw through her blurry vision.

Dishaan was leaning on her with his full weight. She tried to move herself, but her head was spinning. She noticed that Dishaan was inside her, and her hands were tied above her head.

Memories of the morning rushed into her mind, and tears started flowing from her eyes. Every part of her body was hurting intensely.

She attempted to move herself, but her petite frame was no match for his huge body. After trying many times, she grew tired and stopped. She remained still, with tears flowing from her eyes like a waterfall.

Amidst the pain, she noticed his bleeding nose, and concern filled her senses. Why was this happening? Did something happen to him? Or did her brother do something to him? A volcano of questions arose in her mind.

Dishaan opened his eyes only to see Anam crying beneath him, crying and covered in blood. Her eyes were swollen from crying, but the tears didn't stop.

He noticed their position and hurriedly got up from her, withdrawing himself. He freed her hands from being tied, but she didn't move at all.

His nose was bleeding heavily due to an overdose of pills. Just one pill was enough to turn a person into a monster, and he had unknowingly consumed a significant amount of those pills, causing him to bleed and become rigid.

"Biwi?" His voice was filled with guilt and worry.

She stared at him with tearful eyes.

He had hurt her, he had raped her. He wasn't the person she had fallen in love with, so she chose to remain silent without complaining.

Maybe she was paying for her brother's sins? Maybe it was her fate to not be loved? She thought to herself.

And if she was paying for her brother's sins, then she would accept all his cruelty without complaining.

"Biwi?" he said again, breaking the silence between them.

She remained silent, as if his voice fell on deaf ears.

His eyes filled with tears.

He caged her naked body in a hug and cried his heart out, but she lay like a lifeless body.