chapter 36

Anam's pov

It has been 2 months since we returned from Turkey. A lot has changed between us. I have started liking him; I don't know why, but I crave his attention. Maybe it's just my teenage hormones or something else, but my body desires his presence.

We have made love hundreds of times in the past 2 months, and I must say, pain and pleasure are equal in his arms. But I understand that he can't be gentle because of what Matteo did to him. I don't have any disgust with that. I mean, he is my husband, and I have started liking him. Our relationship is going well.

For the past week, I haven't been feeling well at all. I feel sleepy all day, tired, and nauseous. Most importantly, I missed my periods. Knowing that we are sexually active, I am here for a check-up with Dr. Nisha. She examined me thoroughly and conducted some tests. Now we are waiting for the reports.

When I say "we," I mean my Ammi (Khirat) and me.

After waiting for a whole hour, my report finally arrived, and Dr. Nisha told me that I am 5 weeks pregnant. I can't express how I am feeling right now. I am going to be a mother, and the professor is going to be a father? Mum hugged me tightly as I couldn't control my emotions, and tears of joy started flowing from my eyes.

"I can't wait to tell him that we are going to be parents. Today I will confess my feelings "

                     Dishaan's pov

I was sitting in my apartment, gazing at Anam's picture. I am so obsessed with her. She is like oxygen to me. I am so in love with her - her body, her soul, her innocence. I love everything about her. I was busy staring at the picture of my peaceful wife when suddenly there was a knock on the door. I got up from the sofa and went to open the door.

"Assalamualaikum, aunt," I greeted.

"Walaikum assalam. Won't you invite your aunt inside?" she asked.

"How are you doing? Please come in," I replied.

She smiled and entered.

"This is strange. She never visits me since I refused to marry Siyal. So why is she here?" I wondered.

"Would you like something, aunt? Tea, coffee?" I offered.

"No, thank you. I needed to talk to you about something important," she said.

"Yes, please tell me what important matter you want to discuss," I replied.

She remained silent for a while, then handed me an envelope.

I looked at her with confusion.

"Open it," she said.

I opened the envelope, and my world turned upside down as I saw Anam sleeping with that bastard Rehan. I couldn't believe my eyes.

"She can't do this, aunt. These are fake photos," I said, trembling.

"I know. At first, I thought the same. So, I sent these pictures to be checked if they were original or edited. Unfortunately, they are real," she explained.

"No!" I shouted, throwing those pictures. "She can't, aunt."

"Calm down, Dishaan. I'll bring you some water," she said.

"No, I'm fine," I replied.

"No, you're not," she insisted.

She handed me a glass of water, which I drank in one sip.

My head was aching in pain. These pictures couldn't be real. Anam can't betray me. She knows how madly in love I am with her.

"Listen, Dishaan. She is Abraham's sister. Betrayal runs in their blood. You have to be strong," she advised.

"I don't know what's happening to me, but I'm getting angrier with each word she said,"

"Here, have this painkiller and calm down," she handed me a packet full of white tablets, which I took without thinking twice.

I swallowed lots of  tablets at once.

My heart was in pain seeing Anam's naked body in that bastard's arms.

My aunt left after seeing me angry.

I felt like my nerves would burst out of my head. Tears started flowing from my eyes. I couldn't bear to see her with anyone else, while she was sleeping peacefully in that bastard's arms. How could she?

I destroyed everything that came in my hand and sat down on the floor, leaning against the edge of the bed.

"She has seen my love until now. Today, she will witness my hatred. In this fire, I will not burn alone. I will burn her too."

*********************************