•28•

Kylie POV

I wake up with the sound of beeping. I look to my left to see my heart rate and blood pressure. I take a look of my surroundings. It's a healing room. The room is quite small. It's familiar though.
I remember dating Dylan back in England and he got shot. He was taken to the warehouse for their gang's doctor to take care of him. I was there with him the whole time. I look to my right to see Jake sleeping on the floor with a pillow and blanket.
Come to think of it, back at the party when I shot Hunter and Dylan, Jake and Noah had a gun in their hand. I thought it was like an emergency gun. But I remember being dragged by Dylan and the whole world went black. I look at my heart rate.
I start thinking again.
Jake, Chase, and Noah were running towards me, but that's all I remember. Those 3 are always together. Never left each other's side.
Wait...holy crap!
GANG!
Jake's in a gang! So is Chase and Noah. It all makes sense. My heart rate starts beeping really loud. I realize that my heart is beeping so fast I feel like it's going to jump out my chest. I start to silently panic. I'm scared. What if they are going to kill me? My heart rate beeps louder and the lines on the screen are going up and down at a fast rate.
"Ugh." I hear a groan. Jake is getting up. I pretend like I'm sleeping.
"Doctor!" Jake yells.
"Yes boss?" I hear a female voice say. Boss? Dylan used to call the gang's leader boss. Which only means that Jake is the leader. My heart beats louder.
"I think she's having a bad dream." The voice says.
No bitch, a nightmare!
*mental eye roll*
"So she's awake?" Jake asks with worry in his voice. Aww. He cares for me.😊
"Yes we just have to see when she wants to wake up." The voice says.
"When is she going to wake up? It's been 2 days." Jake asks.
"2 days?!" I ask opening my eyes. I see a female jump and Jake laughs.
"Your awake." The female voice says.
"I just woke up." I lie.
"Oh well you should probably rest." The female says. I see a name tag. Dr. Knight.
"Nah. I'm fully awake." I say.
"You sure?" Dr.Knight asks.
I stretch my arms. "I'm sure." I assure.
She shrugs and leaves. I turn to Jake and smile. He smiles back.
"So Jake...when were you going to tell me?" I ask.
"Tell you what?" Jake asks. I laugh.
"That you are in a gang and your their leader." I say. His eyes widen then go back to normal.
"I don't know what you talking about?" Jake lies. I roll my eyes.
"Really boss? Really?" I tease.
"Don't call me that." He says.
"But your the boss, boss." I tease again.
"Kylie, I don't want you to call me that." Jake says softly.
"Why?" I ask.
Jake sits down on the chair next to me.
"How did you even find out?" Jake asks me.
I tell Jake all the clues and how I remember similar things from when I was dated Dylan.
"Speaking of Dylan, what happened to him? And what did he want from me?" I ask.
Jake scratches his neck meaning he's uncomfortable.
"He's dead." Jake says quickly.
There was a silence.
I smile and lean in to hug Jake. He stays in shock, but then he hugs me back. Then I feel the sparks going through my body. I ignore them.
"Thank you." I say.
"Don't thank me. Thank Noah." Jake says. I break the hug.
"I will. I will thank all of you." I say. "Do you know what he wanted for me?" I ask.
Jake's eyes leave my eyes and he stares out the window.
"He wanted to sell your body so he can get money off you." Jake says.
"Oh." I say.
"Yeah. But we saved you in time." Jake looks at my eyes again.
I smile. "Thanks." I say.
"Well now you know. Our secret." Jake says.
"Yeah. Oh I'll promise to keep my mouth shut." I say. "Lock it, pock it."
Jake chuckles and I smile. He smiles back.
That smile is so charming.
No. I DO NOT LIKE JAKE.
KEEP IT TOGETHER KYLIE!
I look away and get off the bed.
"No, no, no. You need to rest." Jake says touching my shoulders and leaning me back in the bed.
I furrow my brows and roll my eyes.
"Rest from what?" I ask.
"The shot." Jake says in a 'duh' tone.
I roll my eyes again.
"I already rested enough Jake." I say folding my arms over my chest.
"Well, that's how the shot works. It's suppose to make you sleep." Jake argues.
"Look, I don't need to rest rather you like it or not." I argue back. I get off the bed and look down at my body.
"Where are my clothes?" I ask. I was wearing one of those gowns from the hospital.
"Here." Jake says handing me my folded clothes.
"Thank you." I say. He stands there. I eye him to go to the door.
"Oh. I'll be back to give you food." Jake says.
"Thanks, but I'm not hungry." I say. Jake rolls his eyes and leaves the room. I change quickly.
I sit back on the bed and stare back at the window. I wish I had my mom with me in my life.
The door opens minutes later revealing Jake with a tray of food. He lays it on the table beside me.
"I said I wasn't hungry." I say.
"Kylie, you need to eat. You haven't eaten in 2 days and your body needs to refuel." Jake says.
"Fine." I sigh.
"Here." He gives me the plate and I place it on top of my legs.
"Pizza!" I exclaim. I smile to myself and Jake laughs.
"With brownies?!" I exclaim again. Jake nods with a huge grin on his face.
I pick up the pizza and take a huge bite out of it. Jake stares at me.
"What?" I ask.
"It's-it's...someone eating a pizza bigger than them selves is interesting." He says. I roll my eyes and continue eating my delicious cheese pizza.
I finish the pizza and eat my brownie. I smile and Jake chuckles.
I finish my meal in about 5 minutes.
Jake takes the tray and puts it on the table.
I look around the room.
"Where's my phone?" I ask.
Jake shrugs. "I don't know." He says. I furrow my brows.
"I need my phone Jake." I say. I'm so close to panicking.
"I'm sorry I don't know where it is." Jake says. I look him dead in the eyes.
His blue eyes were filled with happiness. I smile (mentally) and I get off the bed.
I look around the room. I look everywhere my eyes land on.
I start panicking a little.
"Jake this isn't funny! Where is my phone?!" I exclaim.
Jake chuckles. "I said I don't know."
I run my hands through my hand in frustration.
I look at Jake. I bet he has it. I walk over to him.
"Take out your pockets." I demand.
"What? Why?" Jake asks.
I roll my eyes. "Do I have to everything myself?" I ask to myself. I touch his pockets and give him a glare. He puts his hands up in surrender.
"Take off your shoes." I demand. Jake rolls his eyes with a smile.
Why the fuck is he smiling? By the way I don't want him to stop. I will never get tir-
FOUCUS!
I bent down and check his shoes, but my phone isn't inside.
"Ugh." I say getting up. Jake stares at me and he starts walking towards me and I start walking backwards until my back hits the wall.
"I told you I didn't have it." Jake says.
"Sorry, should have trusted you." I bite my lip.
"Don't do that." Jake say. His finger meets my hair and he starts twirling the strand around his finger.
"Do what." I ask.
"Biting your lip." Jake says. He let's go if my hair.
"Why?" I ask again.
"Cause one day I'll bite that lip." Jake whispers, his minty breath fanning my face.
We were so close to each other. Another movement forward and our lips would meet.
His beautiful blue eyes flicker at my lips and I just stare at his intense eyes.
"I want to kiss you so badly." He whispered.
"Then do it." I whisper back. Next thing I knew, his arms wrapped around my waist and his lips finally met mine. I wrap my arms around his neck and kissed him back. Kissing him felt so right and good. I didn't want to stop. I felt the sparks this kiss was sending. My spine felt tingly. His hands made their way to my thighs and he picked me up making my legs hug his waist. Jake deepens the kiss making out tongues touch. They danced together in sync.
And I find something out today...I like him. I was just ignoring the signs of my head. Ignoring my feelings.
And I have a new obsession other than pizza and brownies...kissing Jake.