Dinner with Friends

*insert outdated 21 joke here*

As I walked out of the store, application in hand, I seen Pencil in the distance, sitting on a park bench. She noticed me, and motioned me over.
"H-hey pencil.." I rubbed my arm slightly, and looked away from her. I felt her eyes on me.
"She found out."
I looked over, and she seemed content.
"I don't know what you did...or if you did anything...but she was really accepting of it. I...I broke up with Pen..and he was ecstatic about it, saying he was actually..gay as well..haha."
I sat next to her, and allowed her to continue.
"I'm gonna tell Match soon."
"You are?"
She nodded.
"But I kinda need your help. Think you can...set me up with her? Work your magic somehow?"
"Pencil..I..I don't know how to set people up. I'm not even dating anyone."
"You broke up with Firey?"
"What? No! We weren't even dating to begin with!"
She laughed, turning away from me.
"I could've sworn you two were dating. You guys hang out together all the time!"
I blushed, just thinking about how much time me and him spend together made me happy.
"Well, think you can still help? Please? I would ask puffball...but she's under a lot of heat right now."
"A lot of..why?"
Pencil took a deep breath.
"Wellll ever since you and Firey called her out people haven't really been liking her lately. Just to put it short. She doesn't seem to mind though."
"Why wouldn't she mind though?"
"She probably seen it coming. That's why."
I took a second to think of Pencil's offer, and smiled.
"You know what..I'll do it. I'll help set you and Match up."
"You'd really do that?"
"Of course! It's the least I could do..after..yea."
"Oh leafy, I'm not mad over that anymore. I'm over it!"

"So..you want me to help you set Pencil and Match up?" Firey asked. He showed up for dinner. We were waiting on everyone else.
Even though I told him I was gonna stay alone today, I needed him.
"Yea! Here. Garlic bread." I put the plate of bread down on the table.
"Thanks." He grabbed a piece, and continued. "But how are we gonna do it? Match doesn't even wanna see Pencil."
"I was thinking we could just set them up blindly. We can send Match to a restaurant, where Pencil will be waiting."
He took a bite of the bread, and looked shocked.
"Dude. How did you make this?"
"Is it good?" I giggled.
"It's amazing! You never told me you were a cook!"
"I don't cook that often to be quite honest with you."
"Well you should more often! This is great! Anyways, won't match get suspicious by the fact you're sending her to a restaurant?"
I cleared my throat.
"I'm sending her there for lunch so we can work on a project together."
"..you guys have a project together?"
"Sure do. And we usually work on projects at a restaurant, that's where we plan it out."
"Ahhh. Smart. How will I help?"
"Well, you and I are going too, we're gonna sit a couple tables away, just to make sure everything goes as smooth as possible."
He smirked at me, and I went to grab the rest of the food out of the oven.
"So, is this a date?"
"A-a date? No. We're just there to monitor them!" I put the hot plate of food on the table over a wood board, and put a serving spoon down.
"Wait till the rest show up so we can eat this."
"Will do. Here. Sit Leafy. You've been running back and forth this whole time while I've just been sitting. Do you want me to grab you a drink?"
"Oh Firey, I don't mind!" I tried to get back off the chair, but he pushed me back down.
"No. Stay there. Seriously. Do you want something to drink?"
"..there's a gallon of lemonade in the fridge. I'll have that."
"Alright! I'll get that for you!"
He grabbed 2 cups from the cupboard, and filled them both.
"Here. Now relax leafy. It's just dinner with friends."
"R-right..with friends."
That word bothered me.
Was I just..a friend to him?
"Or well, friends, and your special someone!"
"S-special s-someone?" My face got warm, and he laughed.
"Well..sometimes I feel like we're more than friends. Not like a couple, but..does that make sense?"
I nodded.
"Yea..I feel that way too.."
We went silent, the humming of the oven filling the room.
I stared down at my cup, and took a deep breath.
"Like best friends?"
"Hm?" He looked up at me, and I looked back.
"Y-you see me as your best friend?"
He thought about it, before shrugging.
"It's more than that. Like I said, not friends, but not as a couple."
"Oh..j-just curious."
The doorbell rang, and I jumped up.
"That's the door! Let me get it!"
I quickly walked over, and greeted everyone.

Firey's POV

My head hit the table, I was embarrassed.
A friend but not a lover? How stupid does that sound?
I quickly pulled myself up, and smiled as leafy guided everyone in.
"Sit everyone! Dinners ready!" Leafy cheered, grabbing forks and knives.
"Oh leafy.." Pin started, pulling a chair. "You didn't have to do all this!"
"Oh don't worry about it! I don't mind cooking for you guys at all!"
"Leafy, I thought you were ordering out.. this is too nice of you.." Coiny rubbed his head, sighing.
"Like I said, I don't mind! It's no big deal to me!"
I looked as Coiny sat, smiling at Leafy. But...it wasn't a normal smile.
It...
It was a smile of..love..
No. He..he didn't like her!
He likes Pin!
...right?
I..I mean..he's dating her! Surely he seen something in her! But..
Why do I feel..that he likes Leafy?
Surely he doesn't..maybe I'm just jealous...
Yea! That's it! I'm just jealous!
"Firey! Are you ok?" Leafy nudged me. I snapped back into reality, everyone was staring at me.
"Oh..y-yea! Just got lost in thought, that's all!"
"Here. Eat. You need to!" She served me a plate, and I looked at her as she sat down, then back at my plate.
"Thank you leafy..I already know I'll like this."
"Awe, it's nothing Firey! Now eat!"
Her cheeks flashed a soft pink, and we ate.
Though..I couldn't stop thinking about Coiny.
I couldn't shake the feeling he was into her. That he...loved her.
She was going to be mine. He will not take her from me.
Over my dead body.

Hi I'm in a lot of pain from barely eating and before you all attack me I'm not able to eat a lot right now. My body simply doesn't allow it, and eating too much makes me sick.
Also my birthday is next Wednesday- so-
1180 Words