The Big Reveal

Time skips because yes.

April 17th

Firey's POV

I stood in shock as I held the envelope in my hands. This would decide my future. This WAS my whole future. Behind this envelope, held my decline, or my acceptance. I carefully opened it..and there it was. I jumped in excitement, and ran inside my house to my mom.

"Mom! Mom!!! You won't believe this!!!" I shouted, running to her office. She turned towards me in her spinny chair, and gasped as I showed her the paper. She pulled me in for a hug, and started saying how proud she was of me.

I was in. My main goal in terms of education..was met.

I re-read it over, to make sure all the information was correct, and it was. Now to tell Leafy.

Leafy's POV

Firey hasn't been here all day, which really didn't bother me. He needed to spend time with his mom, and I needed to clean up a bit. He said he had...something special to show me later. I glanced down at the bracelet and locket, they shimmered in the natural light I was letting in.

I took them off so I could clean, and started in the main room. The bedroom. Firey and I spent a lot of time in here, CUDDLING STOP IT. I fixed the comforter so it was even and looked nice, and fluffed up the pillows. I fixed up more stuff in the room, such as clean the big mirror, push the heater back, that sorta thing. I noticed a..another box? Underneath one of my dressers, and I got down on the ground. It must've been one to the bracelet or the locket. I tried to reach for it, but it was too far back.

Just as I almost had a grip on it, I heard the doorbell ring, and I got up, making my way over to the front door. I looked out through the little window, and it was Firey. He was back so soon? I opened up the door, and he walked in...nervous? He tried to avoid me, and that made me immediately think...did I do something wrong? Or did something happen back home?

Ah..it's no matter. I won't bother him right now. I closed the door, and continued cleaning up. He sat on the couch, and I noticed from the corner of my eye he was staring at me. He wouldn't take his gaze off of me. I quickly finished cleaning up, and sat down next to him. "Alright. What's wrong Firey? Did something happen?" He nodded slowly. "Do you wanna talk about it?" He thought about it for a second, before sighing, and he put his arm around me.

"Leafy...you remember a couple months ago...when I told you I applied to college?" I nodded, and he continued. "Well...I got the letter today." He pulled it out of his jacket pocket, and handed it to me. I opened it slowly, and read the letter.

Dear Firey,
Congratulations! On behalf of the Archaic Temple College University, I am pleased to announce your admission for Fall 20xx

I slowly put the letter down, and I could feel the tears coming. That was the college he applied to thats...far from here. I got up shakily, and started to walk up the stairs. But before I could take one step, he stopped me. "W-well? What do you think? That's one of the best colleges like...ever! And I got in!!" I turned back to him, and smiled.

"I'm so...s-so proud of you Firey! I know that's what you've been wanting!" I turned back around, and tried to walk up. I was stopped again as he grabbed my arm.

"Leafy...baby...what's wrong? You seem...upset..." As soon as he said those words, I broke down, collapsing into his arms. "I..I DON'T WANT YOU TO LEAVE!!" I shouted, choking on my tears. "I KNOW ITS REALLY SELFISH OF ME TO SAY THAT, BUT YOU MEAN THE WORLD TO ME AND I DON'T WANT TO LOSE YOU!!"

He pushed me back, and grabbed the letter. "Dear did you even read this? You missed the part Whe-" I cut him off, tears still running down my face. "OF COURSE I READ IT!! YOU'RE GONNA LEAVE!!"

His face grew into a tired expression, and he mumbled. "W-what did you say?" I said quietly. He grew angry, and shouted.

"DON'T FUCKING RAISE YOUR VOICE AT ME LIKE IM SOME FUCKING CHILD AND LET ME EXPLAIN." I stumbled back, to which he immediately put his hands on his mouth. "W-wait..I didn't mean to shout...I'm sorry..."

I was already up in my room with the door locked again. He was calling me over and over again, until...it stopped. I was proud of him, what girl wouldn't be? He's worked so hard for this...and I'm just holding him back..it hurts me deeply, he's moving away, but all I can do is sit here, and be supportive.

A couple hours later, I heard a knock on my door again. "Leafy, please honey..open up, let me explain." At this point I had given up, and I unlocked the door. I opened it slowly, and he stood there, he...he was crying too. He immediately pulled me in for a hug, kissing me over and over...just like when we first got together. Like how every chance he got, he would kiss me.

"Firey...I..I'm proud of you...b-but I don't want you to leave...you mean so much to me...a-and..." I could feel the tears coming on again. He comforted me, by allowing me to cry, as he softly hushed me, rubbing my back gently.

"It's ok my love, let it all out. I'm here..I'm sorry for screaming at you. I was just angry that you wouldn't-" I cut him off, by placing a finger on his mouth.

"N-no..you had every right to scream back. I'm sorry for screaming in the first place, and..for being so selfish. I..I'm truly proud of you Firey...and if you..ever find someone better there...I wish you and them the best of luck.." He grabbed my hand, putting it down. He gazed at me, running his fingers through my hair...just like he used to.

"Oh my love...I wouldn't ever pick someone else over you! You don't even understand how much I love you! How much I'd cry to lose someone like you! I can promise you, and continue to make this promise, that you're the one for me. Now...let me explain this whole situation.."

"But what if you find someone better? What if you forget about me? What if...what if.." I was interrupted this time..by him.

He was laughing. Why was he laughing? This wasn't something to laugh about!

Yes I wrote this really fast what are you gonna do about it

Haha leafy cry while Firey laughs at her

1184 Words