Heart of Gold

They use pet names now let's go
Writing them together makes me feel a little less lonely, so there's that.

Firey's POV

As leafy was getting done making dinner, I texted puffball again, asking her for advice on how to please Leafy. Not in that way, get your mind out of the gutter. (That's for another book at another time (; LMAO)
She suggested I just let her talk her heart out, so we can build trust.
She sat down, placing the meal on the table. She looked sleepy.
"H..here baby.." she yawned, her head hitting the table.
After we got up, all she's been doing is cooking and cleaning all day, poor thing.
She did a lot today, and wouldn't let me help her. She insisted I sit, because I..apparently helped her enough. I don't know with what, but I guess I don't have to know everything.
"Honey..are you ok?" I asked, starting to eat, savoring the taste. It was so good.
"H-huh..? Oh..yes..I'm just sleepy, that's all."
"Leafy honey..you didn't have to do everything all day..I could've helped you.."
"You being here with me helps me enough.." she looked a little sad, and sighed. "I've just been feeling a little down lately."
"Have you? Do you wanna talk about it?"
"...no..not yet..just enjoy your dinner..I'm going up to my room to lay down.." she got up, and started walking towards the stairs.
"Aren't you going to eat though?"
"No..I'm not hungry.."
I quickly ate, and cleaned up the kitchen, making sure to put everything away. I swept up, and basically cleaned everything, just to make sure she wouldn't try to clean anymore for the night. It wasn't fair for her to work all day and me just sit my ass down.
I noticed there was no more dish soap, and remembered leafy kept some in the bathroom nearby the medicine cabinet.
I quietly walked up the stairs, to hear music coming from her room (let's just say she's playing the song above ig). I ignored it, and went towards the bathroom.
Grabbing a new bottle of dish soap I washed my hands, force of habit. I glanced at the medicine cabinet. I decided to open it, I was curious as to what she kept in there.
"Hm...pain killers...anti acids...it all seems kinda..normal." I whispered, going through the other bottles. Everything was normal..
I grabbed 2 bottles. One with the label ripped off, and the other scribbled with permanent marker.
"Huh...I wonder what these are.."
I decided to just put them back, I shouldn't be prying so much into her life so quickly.
I made my way back downstairs and put the dish soap down. I looked around the kitchen to see if anything was still dirty, and after checking literally everything, I walked back upstairs.
I opened the door slowly, and she was sniffling.
She was..crying...
I let out a quiet gasp, walking over and sitting down next to her.
"Hey baby...what's wrong?"
"Why..why are you being so nice to me...?"
"Huh..? W-what do you mean?" I placed my hand on her head, running my fingers through her hair.
"I...I know you don't like me, why are you still being so nice to me? You know you don't have to be with me..you could have any girl you want..and yet you wanted me...why? Was it to make me feel special in some way?"
She started sobbing into her pillow, struggling to catch her breath.
I didn't know how to respond to this.
I absolutely loved her, at no point did I ever want anyone else besides her.
"Leafy..." I just let the words come out. "I love you so much. I'm not with you to make you feel special, I'm with you because I love you, truly."
She pulled her head up, looking at me. She still had tears streaming down her face.
"A-are you telling the truth?"
"Of course I'm telling the truth. I would never lie to you when it comes to my feelings. I really love you. Like we always say..."
"T-to...to the m-moon and....back?"
I pulled her in for a hug.
"You're absolutely right. I love you to the moon and back. Now, let's take a deep breath, and calm down..we're gonna get through this together. Stop crying my love...ok?"
"Oh...o..ok..I..I'm sorry..."
"Don't even be sorry! It's ok! I'm here with you in this. Always."
I gave her a kiss, and wiped the rest of her tears away.
"W..why are you so loving..towards me...?" She sniffled.
"Because! I keep telling you..I love you. You deserve everything. Actually..."
I pulled the box out, and showed it to her.
"A...a box?" She looked confused.
"I was gonna wait until tomorrow to give this to you, but I want you to have it now."
I opened it, revealing the locket to her.
She stared in awe, her eyes glimmered.
"F-for me..?"
"Well duh! I wouldn't show it to you for nothing! This is for you! I got it for you!"
I pulled it out, putting it on her.
"I...I don't know what to say Firey...this..this means so much to me!" She started crying again, and dove into my arms.
"Leafy..? What's wrong? Why are you crying?"
"These are h-happy tears!" She hiccuped, giggling. "This means so much to me! You dont understand how badly I've been wanting one of these!"
She pulled herself back, her arms still wrapped around me.
"T-thank you Firey...I truly appreciate this..you really didn't have to get this for me.."
I just gave her a heartwarming smile, and kissed her again.
"You're welcome leafy. I really hope you like it."
"I Love it Firey. I will cherish this always."
She laid down, holding onto it. It didn't take long for her to fall asleep, and I turned the fan on low.
I turned the projector she got me on, and turned the lights off.
I grabbed a blanket, and wrapped me and her up in it. I gave her a kiss, finally relaxing myself.
"Goodnight my love..please sleep comfortably."
I started thinking on where I should take her tomorrow, it was our first month together.
Even though it was only our first month together, I wanted it to be special.
But..where to take her?
I was thinking taking her to the beach, so we could watch the sunset together.
It..it did seem fun, and..haha romantic, so I guess I'll go with that.
I cuddled up with her, and went on my phone for a bit, before I could feel my body giving out, and decided to sleep.

1147 Words