Chapter 2 (Year 1)

10 YEARS LATER-

River's POV

I opened my eyes, realizing what day it was, and jumped out of bed. Today was September 1st, and we would finally be going to Hogwarts. I changed and walked downstairs, where Mum and Blaise were already waiting for me.

"River, have you packed everything?" My mother asked.

"Yes, I made sure last night," I answered, as I grabbed a muffin.

"Blaise, have you packed everything?" Mum asked my brother.

"Yes."

"Even your-"

"Yes, even that!" Blaise answered quickly. She smirked but nodded, as the house-elf walked in, and bowed deeply to my mother.

"Mistress, you will be late if you don't leave now." She said,

"Thank you Ninny, you're right." Mother said, standing up.

"But I didn't finish!" I said, looking sadly at my muffin.

"Eat it on the way."

---

"Alright, Blaise you can go first," Mum said, pointing to 9 3/4's. Blaise nodded excitedly, gripping his cart and rushing towards the wall.

"Your turn, River," Mum said. I grabbed my cart, and ran towards the divider, finding Blaise staring at the Hogwarts Express in awe. Mum walked in after us,

"Now, have fun, and stay out of trouble," Mum said, looking at Blaise.

"I would never!" He gasped. She rolled her eyes.

"Why do I not believe you?"

"You don't believe in your own son? How could you do that to me, Mum?" Blaise asked as the train blew a final whistle.

"We're late, aren't we?" I asked, surprised. We quickly said goodbye to our Mum before rushing onto the train with our luggage. We hopped on the train just as it started moving.

"Do you know where they're sitting?" I asked Blaise.

"They didn't mention where. I think Draco said somewhere in the back though," Blaise said, as he made his way through the crowds of people and compartments. They made their way to the back, stopping when they saw their friends in a compartment in the back.

"There you two are! I was wondering what took you guys forever." Daphne said, as I sat down next to her.

"River woke up late, and Mum never wants to wake her up," Blaise said,

"It wasn't my fault no one woke me up," I said, Blaise, rolled his eyes.

"What house do you think you guys will be in?" I asked.

"We're all going to be Slytherin River. Everyone knows that," Draco said.

"Right. Why did I even ask?" I said, trying not to show my worries. I was worried. Snape never mentioned my mother, saying she was a pureblood, but never said what house she'd be in. I didn't want to risk ending up in anything that wasn't Slytherin, but I wasn't going to let my friends know that.

I pushed my worries to the side and smiled as my friends talked about how excited they were about our new adventure.

---

The train entered the station, and we all walked out of the train, after changing into our Hogwarts uniforms.

"Firs' years! Firs' years! Come, follow me!" A giant mall, the largest man I had ever seen, was yelling.