Chapter 48 (Year 5)

River's POV

I held onto Ginny's arm, Blaise held onto Luna's arm, looking disappointed. Umbridge had told us to grab them and bring them to her office. 

"Got'em all," Theo told Umbridge as we walked into Umbridge's office. 

"Good, good," Umbridge said. 

"Well, it looks as though Hogwarts will shortly be a Weasley free zone, doesn't it?" Draco laughed as I rolled my eyes.

"So, Potter, you stationed lookouts around my office, and you sent this buffoon, to tell me the poltergeist was wreaking havoc in the Transfiguration department when I knew perfectly well that he was busy smearing ink on the eyepieces of all the school telescopes, Mr. Filch having just informed me so. "Clearly, it was very important for you to talk to somebody. Was it Albus Dumbledore? Or the half-breed, Hagrid? I doubt it was Minerva McGonagall, I hear she is still too ill to talk to anyone," Umbridge hissed at Potter, as she forced him to sit in a chair. 

"It's none of your business who I talk to," Potter yelled.

"Very well, Mr. Potter... I offered you the chance to tell me freely. You refused. I have no alternative but to force you. Draco — fetch Professor Snape." I nervously glanced at Potter, who glared at Umbridge with pure hatred. 

"You wanted to see me, Headmistress?" Snape asked, walking in with a smiling Draco, after a couple minutes. 

"Ah, Professor Snape, Yes, I would like another bottle of Veritaserum, as quick as you can, please," she said, smiling widely. 

"You took my last bottle to interrogate Potter," Snape said, she shrugged not understanding. 

"Surely you did not use it all? I told you that three drops would be sufficient." Her faced flushed as she kept staring at Snape.

"You can make some more, can't you?" She asked, in her whinnying voice. 

"Certainly, it takes a full moon cycle to mature, so I should have it ready for you in around a month."

"A month?" She squawked.

"A month? But I need it this evening, Snape! I have just found Potter using my fire to communicate with a person or persons unknown!"

"Really?" Snape said, his interest peaking. 

"Well, it doesn't surprise me. Potter has never shown much inclination to follow school rules."

"I wish to interrogate him!" Umbridge yelled, like a little child not getting her candy, she stomped her foot on the ground, Snape shrugged. 

"I have already told you, that I have no further stocks of Veritaserum. Unless you wish to poison Potter — and I assure you I would have the greatest sympathy with you if you did — I cannot help you. The only trouble is that most venoms act too fast to give the victim much time for truth-telling..."

"You are on probation! You are being deliberately unhelpful! I expected better. Lucius Malfoy always speaks most highly of you! Now get out of my office!" I pursed my lips not to giggle as he bowed at her, smirking a little, before turning around.

"He's got Padfoot!" Potter yelled. Out of nowhere, I raised my eyebrows as Snape froze, turning around to stare at Potter, who had a pleading look on his face.

"He's got Padfoot at the place where it's hidden!" He yelled again.

"Padfoot?" Umbridge asked, looking between both of them,

"I do not know, Potter, when I want nonsense shouted at me I shall give you a Babbling Beverage. And Crabbe, loosen your hold a little, if Longbottom suffocates it will mean a lot of tedious paperwork, and I am afraid I shall have to mention it on your reference if ever you apply for a job!" Crabbe who had been choking poor Longbottom, his face purple, loosened his grip a little, and Longbottom gasped for air.