Chapter 44 (Year 5 Christmas Part 1)

River's POV

"Where are you guys going! Just tell me!" Pansy said. They sat down on my bed, watching me pack my clothes for Christmas break.

"We're spending the Christmas at Snape's," I said, Pansy mouth parted open in surprise. 

"Snape? What that makes little sense he always comes to your Christmas parties," Daphne said.

"Not this year," 

"You're keeping something from us," Pansy said, crossing her arms over her chest.

"But you've given your word not to ask to many questions," I said, zipping up my suitcase.

"Fine," She pouted as I put my suitcase on the ground.

"Let's go guys,"

---

"We have to go to Snape's office," I told them once we got downstairs and met Draco in the common room. They nodded, saying their goodbyes and promising to send their gifts over soon. 

We walked out of the common room as Draco started going to Snape's office; I grabbed his arm.

"No, we're actually going to Dumbledore's office, " I said. He looked at me confused.

"Dumbledore's office?" He said, I nodded. 

"Oh, what have I gotten myself into?" Draco asked, I kissed him on the cheek.

"It's okay, don't worry. Well, maybe worry a little."

---

"Hello," Dumbledore said, once we entered his office. The fire was already burning waiting for us to use it.

"Hello," 

"The fireplace is all set up, just say what this paper says, and you will arrive," he said. We sent our suitcases first, and then I stepped into the fireplace.

"Oh, I was also told to tell you, Snape hasn't told you know who, that Draco is staying as well," Draco looked between us nervously. 

"What!" I yelled, dropping the powder inside the fireplace, I was sent flying through different fireplaces, seeing unfamiliar faces every time, until I slid out to Sirius home. I was completely unprepared making me covered in soot and inhaling most of it.

Sirius rushed over helping me up, as I coughed rubbing the soot out of my eyes. He threw his arms around me, as I opened my eyes, noticing all the Weasley's were already there including Potter, watching us. 

"Sirius I just wanted to- " But before I could Draco slid out of the fireplace, looking just as messy as I was. 

"MALFOY!" The Weasleys and Potter all yelled, he stared back at them, annoyed before looking over at Sirius,

"Murder! Black!" He yelled, pointing a shaking finger at him his face turning pale, I heard the Weasleys all start laughing.

"He's not a murder, Draco, calm down. It was a misunderstanding," I yelled, grabbing his arm. D

"Oh! Scared Malfoy?" Ron Weasley and Potter laughed, I glared at them.

"Yeah, like you acted so calmly the first time you saw him," I spat. Their faces turned red, looking away.

"What are you doing here Malfoy?" Sirius asked, I laced my fingers through Draco's, who still stared at Sirius nervously.

"Were spending the break here together, because we were going to spend our one-year anniversary." 

"Not here you aren't," Sirius said, crossing his arms over his chest. 

"Well, I guess were both leaving them," I hissed. Sirius glared at me, wanting me to give in but I shook my head.