Chapter 12 (Year 2)

River's POV--

It had been two weeks since me and Draco's argument; I had refused to talk to him ever since. Even going as far as not sitting next to him in classes anymore and not being in the same room, he was if I could help it.

"River!" I heard Draco yell after quidditch practice. I kept walking, ignoring him as I entered the changing rooms, entering the only girl's section, where Draco wasn't allowed n.

"River! I know you're in there and I'll wait until you come out to talk to you, even if I have to wait here all night," He hissed through the door. I rolled my eyes as I took off my quidditch uniform.

I took a long shower, changed into my school robes, and pulled my hair up into a ponytail before grabbing my things and walking out. Draco was still waiting for me, sitting on the ground in front of the door. I rolled my eyes and tried to walk away but he caught me before I could.

"River! I said wait!" He yelled; I started sprinting as fast as my legs could take me out of the changing room and down the field. But thanks to his legs that were longer than mine, he managed to catch up to me. Grabbing my arm, I glared up at him as he forced me to turn around.

"What! What do you want!" I yelled. He looked taken aback. I rolled my eyes at him, trying to free my arm from his grasp, but he held on tightly.

"I wanted to apologize," Draco said,

"Well, you can just shove-"

"I mean it," Draco said, cutting me off, knowing I was going to swear at him.

"Well, you don't understand, do you? I helped you and you just yelled at me," I said,

"I'm sorry. I know I messed up. I was just angry he made me fall, and I didn't do anything to him," Draco said, his hand starting to become a small fist. I signed, remembering how Snape had grabbed and pushed him up towards Potter. His face had been red.

"It's okay," I said. After a second, Draco's face brightened. He grinned at me.

"You mean it? It's, okay?"

"Yeah, it's fine," I said. He pulled me into a hug.

"Good! I couldn't stand any more angry glares from you," Draco joked. I rolled my eyes as he let me go, and we made our way back up to the castle.

"Want to hang out after the Christmas feast tonight? It's going to be Crabbe and Goyle but they're too stupid to talk," he said. I pursed my lips.

"Alright," I shrugged, and he nodded.

"Just make sure Blaise isn't there, he'll kill me," Draco said. I laughed,

"Sure," I said.

---

I met Draco in the common room after the feast; he paced around the room, glaring around at the door.

"Hi! Are Crabbe and Goyle still not here?" I asked as I sat on the couch.

"No, they aren't. They went to get food and still aren't back!" Draco said, rolling his eyes.

"Why don't we go see where they are?" I asked. Draco shrugged but nodded.

"Alright, let's go." He said, he led us out of the portrait hole. We could hear a couple of voices around the corner. Crabbe and Goyle were standing with one of the Weasley boys.

"Crabbe. Goyle. Where have you been? Pigging out in the Great Hall all this time?" Draco yelled as we made our way over to them.

"What are you doing here?" I asked, turning to Percy Weasley.

"Mind your attitude, Potter. You want to show a little bit more respect to a school, Prefect!"

"I thought you out of all people would want to stay away from Slytherin's, correct?" I said, shrugging.

"Come on, boys. Weasley thinks he's going to catch Slytherin's heir single-handedly." Draco said as we turned to walk away before Weasley could say another thing.

We walked into the common room. Draco grabbed the Daily Prophet from a table and sat down next to me on the couch. I put my legs on his thighs and lay my back against the arm of the chair. Goyle looks between the two of us, a small hint of annoyance in his eyes.

"Listen to this," Draco says, smiling at the paper.

"'Arthur Weasley, Head of the Misuse of Muggle Artefacts Office, was today fined fifty Galleons for bewitching a Muggle car. "Weasley has brought the Ministry into disrepute," said Lucius Malfoy, a governor of Hogwarts. "He is clearly unfit to draw up our laws and his ridiculous Muggle Protection Act should be scrapped immediately."'' He smiles up at Crabbe and Goyle, before looking at me, and smirking.

"Arthur Weasley loves Muggles so much he should snap his wand in half and go join them. You'd never know the Weasleys were purebloods, the way they behave. Embarrassment to the wizarding world. All of them." He said, as he folds the paper and throws it on the table.

"What's up with you, Crabbe?" Draco asks as he growls lightly.

"Stomachache," Crabbe muttered.

"Well, go to the hospital wing and give all those Mudbloods a kick in the arse for me!" Draco laughed. I rolled my eyes, smirking lightly.

"You know, I'm surprised The Daily Prophet hasn't reported all these attacks yet. "I said, picking up the newspaper.

"I suppose Dumbledore's trying to hush it all up. He'll be sacked if it doesn't stop soon. "

"Your Father always said Dumbledore's the worst thing that's ever happened to this place," I said, Draco laughs,

"Yeah, he says that a lot." Draco laughed, smiling at me.

"You're wrong!" Goyle yells,

"What? Did you say that I was wrong? You think there's someone here who's worse than Dumbledore?" Draco says,

"Harry Potter," Goyle said, quickly. Draco starts laughing as I smirk.

"Good one, Goyle. You're absolutely right. Saint Potter. He's another one with no proper wizard feeling, or he wouldn't go around with that Mudblood Granger. "

"And people actually think he's the Heir of Slytherin," I said, rolling my eyes,

"Then you must have some idea who it is?" Goyle said,

"You know I haven't, Goyle. How many times do I have to tell you? But my father did say this much: It's been fifty years since the Chamber was opened. He wouldn't tell me who opened it — only that they were expelled — but I know this: the last time the Chamber of Secrets was opened, a Mudblood died. So, it's only a matter of time before one of them gets killed this time. As for me... I hope it's Granger." Draco said, Crabbe starts to raise his fist, and Goyle stops him quickly.

"What's the matter with you two today?" I asked,

"Yeah, you're acting very odd," Draco said. I watched as the two stared at each other for a second, before running out of the common room.

"Where are you two going?" Draco yelled after them. They ignore us, running off.

"What the heck was that?" I asked. Draco shrugged,

"I'm not sure what happened," he said,