Chapter 9 (Year 2)

River's POV-

I watched as Marcus put the new quidditch team list on the board in the common room board before walking out to breakfast. I stared at the board, too terrified to check if I was on the list or not.

"Draco!" I yelled, noticing him walking down the stairs from the boy's dorm room.

"What is it?" He asked as I ran up to him.

"The quidditch tryout results have been posted it!" I said.

"Well then, why aren't you going to see it!" He said, grabbing my shoulders and shaking me.

"I can't look! You go!" I said. He signed and nodded.

"Alright, I'll go," he said, letting me go. He walked to the board and ran his finger over the paper, reading all the names.

"Well!" I asked as he came back up to me.

"You made the team," he said. I breathed out, relieved, and threw my arms around Draco, almost screaming with delight. I felt Draco wrap his arms around me laughing.

"Oh, did you get on the team?" I asked, letting him go.

"Yeah, I did!" He said.

"Thank Merlin!"

---

"Flint, the Gryffindor team is coming on the field," I said, pointing over to them as we walked out of the locker rooms.

"Don't worry, I'll handle it," he smirked.

"Clear out, Flint! I booked the pitch for Gryffindor today." Oliver Wood said.

"Easy, Wood. I've got a note." Flint pulled a piece of parchment out of his pocket and handed it to Wood, who read the parchment.

"'I, Professor Severus Snape, do hereby give the Slytherin team permission to practice today, owing to the need to train their new Seeker and Chaser,' You have new players? Who are the players?" He asked, the older players moved, letting Draco and I step up.

"Draco? River?" Potter said, we smiled at him.

"That's right, and that's not all." He said, showing them our new Nimbus 2001s.

"Those are Nimbus Two Thousand Ones," Weasley said, surprised,

"A generous gift from Draco's father," Flint said, proudly.

"That's right, Weasley. You see, unlike some, my father can afford to buy the best." Draco said, proudly.

"At least no one on the Gryffindor team had to buy their way in. They got in on pure talent." Granger said, Draco flushed.

"No one asked your opinion," I snapped.

"You filthy little Mudblood," Draco said, glaring at her. The Gryffindor team all cringed as Granger's smirk fell, and tears filled her eyes.

"You'll pay for that Malfoy!" Weasley yelled, getting his broken wand out.

"Eat slugs!" A green light flew from his wand and hit Weasley in the face. He flew landing far from us and landed on the ground, and the Gryffindor team ran over to him. Weasley gaged and a large slug fell from his mouth.

"That's disgusting," I said, as Potter and Granger picked up Weasley and started running up the hill. Oliver Wood glared at Marcus before storming away with the rest of the Gryffindors

"Wood is so hot," I whispered. Draco glared at me and hit me on the back with his broom.

"Ow! What was that for?" I asked, rubbing my back.

"Fraternizing with the enemy!" He said. I rolled my eyes.

"I was not"

"Wood is so hot," he said, mocking me. I grabbed my broom and hit him on the hip.

"Idiot," I said,

"I am not the dumb one here! You! You are dumb!" He pointed a finger at me.

"Don't point your finger at me, Malfoy!" I yelled.

"Hey! Enough you two! Leave it for the enemy!" Flint yelled, after taking out the quidditch supplies.

"She was drooling over the enemy!" Draco said, walking away.

"I was not drooling over the enemy, Draco!"

---

We walked down the hallway after dinner, with Pansy complaining about Snape's class.

"I just don't understand. He loves Slytherins, so why do I have detention?" She said. I rolled my eyes.

"Pansy, you can't just draw him with an enormous head and hair up to his ankles."

"It was funny!" Everyone stopped suddenly, and I bumped into Draco, who seemed to be interested in something upfront.

"Enemies of the heir, beware! You'll be next, Mudbloods!" He yelled. I pushed him out of the way, seeing Mrs. Norris hanging upside down with her eyes open and blank, next to some words written in blood.

THE CHAMBER OF SECRETS HAS BEEN OPENED

ENEMIES OF THE HEIR... BEWARE

"What's going on here? Go on now! Make way..." Filch said, pushing his way through us before his eyes landed on Mrs. Norris.

"Mrs. Norris!" He yelled, running up to his cat. After a second, he turned to look at Potter.

"You! You've murdered my cat! I'll kill you! I'll-"

"Argus!" Dumbledore yelled, marching towards Filch.

"Everyone will proceed to their dormitories immediately. Everyone except you three." He said, looking at the trio.

We all walked back down to our common rooms, without sparing the golden trio a second look.

"Potter didn't do that," Draco said, rolling his eyes as we walked into the common room.

"And how would you know Draco?" I asked. He narrowed his eyes at me.

"You think Potter has the guts to do that?" He asked, as he sat down on the couch, Blaise and Theo went to go play Wizard chest, as Pansy sat down next to Draco. Daphne and I sat across from them.

"He's just too stupid. Have you seen him in potions? He can't make the second-year potions. How is he supposed to move up?" Draco said. I looked between him and Pansy as she played with the hem of his bag.

"Yeah," I said, looking over at Pansy, not paying attention to what he was saying.

"Can I just?" I said, not being able to stop myself, standing up and squishing myself between them. Pansy looked at me, confused, as I just shrugged.

"What? This is my favorite spot." I said. Draco just shrugged, looking at a book he took out of his bag.

---

"What the heck was that about?" Daphne whispered after we walked into our dorm room, and Pansy was in the shower.

"What are you talking about?" I asked, pretending to be clueless and pulling my hair up into a messy bun as I started changing into some PJs.

"Oh, don't even, you fancy Draco, and got jealous of Pansy sitting next to him," I rolled my eyes at her.

"I don't know what you're talking about. I like that spot, that's all I did," I said. She chuckled at me.

"You totally do!"

"Daphne shut up! I don't like anyone!"

"You like someone?" Pansy said, walking out of the bathroom in her pajamas and a towel in her hand, drying her hair.

"No, Daphne does. She has a crush on Theo," I said. Daphne, glared at me.

"Wow Daphne, I'm happy for you," she said, shrugging. I smirked as Daphne looked ready to murder me.