Chapter 10 (Year 2)

River's POV

"Yes, Miss Granger?" Professor McGonagall asked, glancing at Granger,

"Professor, I was wondering if you could tell us about the Chamber of Secrets?" The class fell silent as they watched Granger.

"My subject is Transfiguration, Miss Granger." She said, sternly.

"Yes, Professor. But there seems to be very little written about the Chamber of Secrets. For those of us with a personal interest in the subject, that is... disturbing." McGonagall pursed her lips, staring at Granger, she signed and gave into Granger's pleading look.

"Very well. You all know, of course, that Hogwarts was founded over a thousand years ago by the four greatest witches and wizards of the age: Godric Gryffindor, Helga Hufflepuff, Rowena Ravenclaw, and Salazar Slytherin. Three of the founders co-existed harmoniously. One did not."

"Salazar Slytherin wished to be more selective about the students admitted to Hogwarts. He believed that magical learning should be kept within all-magic families. In other words, purebloods. Unable to sway the others, he decided to leave the school. According to legend, Slytherin had built a hidden chamber in this castle, known as the Chamber of Secrets. Shortly before departing, he sealed it until that time when his own true heir returned to the school. The heir alone would be able to open the Chamber of Secrets and unleash the horror within, and by so doing, purge the school of all those who, in Slytherin's view, were unworthy to study magic."

"Muggle born," Granger said,

"As he should," Draco said, looking a little amazed at her words.

"Yes. Naturally, the school has been searched many times for such a chamber. It has never been found." McGonagall said, ignoring Draco.

"Professor, what exactly does legend tell us lies within the Chamber?"

Why is she asking so many questions? I just want this to be over

I rubbed my neck and wanted badly to rest my head on the desk as McGonagall answered Granger. Draco smiles to himself, nudging me to look at Granger, who had a worried look on her face.

---

"Ugh, can you image if the school was only Purebloods? Wouldn't that be just even better?" Draco asked as we sat down on the common room couch. I yawned, exhausted, resting my head on Draco's shoulder. He didn't seem to mind, as he opened his potions book.

"If you drool on my shoulder, I will kill you," He whispered,

"Yes, yes, now shut up, so I can sleep." I said, feeling my eyes get heavier.

"What are you two doing!" I heard someone shout, I opened my eyes seeing Blaise glaring at me and Draco.

"I was sleeping," I said, rolling my eyes, and lifting my head off of Draco, who was looking at Blaise annoyed.

"On Draco," he said, crossing his arms over his chest and tapping his foot at us.

"Oh, Blaise, shut up, your being dramatic," I said, rubbing my eyes. He glared at me as I opened my textbook and started working on my homework.

"I am not," He said, eyeing Draco, evilly. Draco looked at him confused before widening his eyes.

"Blaise, I would never go out with her! She's your sister!" He said, quickly. Blaise narrowed his eyes but nodded.

"Fine, if you say so." He said, I felt my blood boiling as I glared at both of them.

"For your information! I would never go out with Draco!" I turned to look at Draco,

"Your just to ugly for me," I hissed, angrily standing up and walking out of my room. I could hear someone following me up the stairs.

"River!" Draco yelled, angry. As I got off the stairs, the stairs turned into a slide, letting Draco slide down the steps.

"What the heck was that?" He asked, as I turned the corner going to my room.

---

"Captains, shake hands before the match," Madam Hooch yelled at them over the crowd of people cheering for us. Flint and Wood shook hands quickly. As we mounted our brooms, I saw Wood whipping his hand on his quidditch uniform.

Madam Hooch let out the Snitch and Bludger's out first, letting them fly away before throwing the Quaffle up to start the game. I flew up quickly, grabbing it. Before Johnson could, I throw it to Pucey, who throws it at the Gryffindor Keeper, Oliver Wood. He manages to block.

"All right there, Scarhead?" I heard Draco yell at Potter, Potter ignored him. As Pucey passes me the quaffle which gets intercepted by Spinnet, I glare at the back of her head as I chase after her.

I notice Potter start riding around all over the pitch in different directions, and Draco just flying their watching him. Potter finally stops, taking a couple deep breaths.

"Training for the ballet, Potter!" Draco yells, as I notice the snitch hovering over his ear.

"Draco!" I yell, as Potter charges at him, Draco swings to the side, just missing Potter by a bit. Draco flew right behind him; they fly around the pitch for a little until they disappeared behind the stands.

Draco comes out of the stands, falling flat on his back, then a second later, Potter comes falling straight on his arm. He sits up, holding the snitch in his hand before dropping it and gripping his broken arm tightly.

"Gryffindor wins!" Lee Jorden shouts as everyone starts running to Potter, I ran to Draco, who was still on his back.

"Draco!" I yelled, kneeling next to him as our friends come running over to us. He groans in pain,

"Can you walk?" I ask, he opens his eyes and looks at the group surrounding Potter, he shuts his eyes and starts groaning louder.

"Are you kidding me?" Daphne says, rolling her eyes.

"Get up," Blaise says.

"In. Pain." He says,

"Flint is coming this way," I said. He opens his eyes quickly and jumps up.

"I should head to the nurse," He says quickly, running away.

"Flint isn't coming," Theo said, I smiled at him.

"I know, but he's going to get an ear full anyway. The snitch was right next to his head," I said, rolling my eyes.

---

"Oh, Mr. Malfoy! Stop your whining! You may leave," Madam Pomfrey yelled at him. I smirk as Draco glares at the back of her head.

"Can we go now? You got enough time to whine," I said,

"Is Flint still here?" Draco whispers but not low enough as Flint walked over us.

"He is now," Flint says, glaring at Draco, knowing he can't kill him because of the new brooms his father bought us.

If looks could kill, Draco would be dead,

"When I picked you for this team, it wasn't just because of the brooms, but you actually could catch the snitch faster than Higgs!" Flint starts,

"I think we should go," I said, looking at my friends who nod. I glance over at Potter, whose arm was moving odd ways.

"What happened to him?" Blaise asked,

"I heard that Lockhart turned his arm into jelly," Theo says, cringing at Harry's arm.