Chapter 63 (Year 6)

River's POV

"Hey guys!" I said, sitting down at the Slytherin table, they looked over at me before shaking their heads and looking away.

"What is it? What's wrong?" I asked, Draco eyed me nervously.

"What's wrong!" They all yelled, making me and Draco jump back in our seats.

"Like you don't know what's wrong!" Theo yelled as the four of them stood up, grabbing their bags, and starting to walk out of the great hall. 

"It's time to tell them," He whispered,

"Why? I thought this was to protect them?" I whispered back,

"Don't you know them? They'll never stop asking us what we're hiding, or what we're doing. It's better to tell them." Draco whispered.

"I'm not sure," I said,

"They refused to talk to me for two days now, you've been too busy with your task to notice. We've got to tell them, plus who would they tell?" Draco asked, I shrugged knowing how stubborn they were.

"I guess you're right." Draco nodded, we both stood up and followed them out of the great hall. They were already quiet far from the common room. Draco and I started running trying to catch up to them.

"Guys please!" I yelled, once we got into an empty hallway. 

"What!" Pansy yelled, turning around to look at me. 

"Come here," I whispered leading them to the girl's bathroom. Theo and Blaise waited outside until I checked to make sure no girl was in there, before they walked in. 

"What could the excuse be for you too! You've been avoiding us since the beginning of year and then all of a sudden you come up to us like nothing happens!" Daphne yelled, once I locked the door behind the boys.

"Daphne please, let us explain."

"No!" Blaise yelled, glaring at me, I could tell he was hurt, especially watching me with Harry. I shook my head.

"Guys, listen to us,"

"You say that but never explain anything." Theo commented, I signed pulling my left sleeve up and showing them my dark mark. Draco followed my action, as our four friends gasped, stepping back, horror filling their faces.

"You two are death eaters?" Theo whispered, we nodded.

"Yeah, why do you think we've been avoiding you guys, we didn't want to get you involved." I said, as we pulled our sleeves down.

"Why? What is he making you do?" Pansy asked, her voice sounded like it was shaking.

"Nothing I want to talk about," Draco said, staring at the ground.

"I just have to give him information about Harry." I shrugged.

"Well, at least now I know you don't like Potter better than me," Blaise said, smirking, as I shook my head at him, managing a smile, as Draco grabbed my hand.

"I knew it!" Pansy yelled, pointing at us.

"Would you really think we break up?" Draco asked. 

"No of course not, that's why I didn't believe it," Pansy said,

"Oh, River, Mum is going to kill you before you know who is," Blaise said, looking at my left arm.

---

Harry and I walked to dinner, with him staring at a map as I talked about my transfiguration homework, then he stopped and started running down the hall.