Chapter 74

River's POV

As we walked upstairs, hiding from the monsters, spiders, and giants that destroyed half the room.

"There!" Daphne yelled, pointing to Pansy. She got knocked off her feet by a giant spider. It leaned over her as Pansy struggled to stand up.

"No!" A girl yelled,

"Stupefy!" The girl yelled, three times before the spider finally passed out.

"Are you okay?" The girl asked Pansy. Pansy blushed a little and nodded.

"Who are you?" I asked as I helped Pansy up.

"Ah!" Pansy yelled, as she stood up. She leaned her body weight on her left leg.

"Broken," The girl whispered, looking at Pansy's leg.

"Who are you?" I asked again,

"Oh, sorry," She said,

"I'm Noelle Tonks,"

"As in Tonks sister?" I asked,

"Yeah, younger sister," We heard a scream, and she looked over her shoulder.

"Got to go, see you!" She winked at Pansy, who blushed as we watched Noelle run away.

"You have fought, valiantly. Lord Voldemort knows how to value bravery. Yet you have sustained heavy losses. If you continue to resist me, you will all die, one by one. I do not wish this to happen. Every drop of magical blood spilled is a loss and a waste. Lord Voldemort is merciful. I command my forces to retreat immediately. You have one hour. Dispose of your dead with dignity. Treat your injured. I speak now, Harry Potter, directly to you. You have permitted your friends to die for you rather than face me yourself. I shall wait for one hour in the Forbidden Forest. If, at the end of that hour, you have not come to me, have not given yourself up, then battle recommences. This time, I shall enter the fray myself, Harry Potter, and I shall find you, and I shall punish every last man, woman, and child who has tried to conceal you from me. One hour." Voldemort's cold voice said, I felt my mark burn again.

"I have to go. He wants to see me," I said.

"What! No You can't!" Draco yelled,

"Draco, my arm has been burning me for weeks! He wants to see me. I'll be back soon." I said, starting to walk away. The mass of people's bodies made it easy for me to slip away from them and leave to see Voldemort.

---

I walked to the shack, seeing Voldemort leaving.

"My lord!" I yelled, running up to him. He turned his red eyes to me and smiled.

"River, come into the shack with me," He said. I nodded. We entered the shack with the snake right behind us. Snape was on the ground, dead.

"Snape!" I cried, running over to his lifeless body.

"Snape!" I shook his body. He slid down a little more.

"What have you done?" I asked, tears sliding down my face.

"What needed to be done, it works for me. The elder wand wouldn't work. It had to be done." He said, causally.

"Now, River." He said as the snake moved around us.

"You left us." He said. I shook my head quickly.

"No, I didn't, I swear. Harry Potter, he took me." I said,

"But you didn't come back. I called for you. For weeks."

"I couldn't leave. They had me locked up. I tried too."

"If you tried, then you would have escaped." He twirled the wand around in his fingers.

"I swear to you, I tried. I even went to get Potter for you, but then a fire happened."

"You have many excuses," He said. I watched his wand as he walked around me.

"How can I repay you?" I asked,

"You can't," He said, lifting his wand up.

"No! Please," I cried,

"Avada Kedavra!"

A/N- Short Chapter sorry.