Chapter 46 (Year 5 Christmas Part 3)

River's POV

"Merry Christmas," Draco whispered against my cheek as we woke up that morning. 

"Merry Christmas to you too," I said, turning so I could face him. 

"Is everyone else awake?" I asked.

"Yes," Ginny Weasley said, I rolled my eyes, as we sat up in the bed. There was a knock on our door.

"Come in!" Granger yelled,

"No!" Draco and I yelled as Sirius walked in, with Weasley and Granger running out of the room after him, giggling. 

"Here is your-, what are you doing in here!" Sirius shouted, glaring at Draco, who's face started turning red. 

"Dying apparently," Draco said, falling back onto the bed, dramatically. 

"Ugh, you two just can't stay away from each other, can you? Your presents are here, open them together," he said, handing me my present, before closing the door behind him. We both sat down at the ends of my bed, ripping our gifts open. Daphne had gotten me a beautiful sun colored dress, Pansy got me bracelets, Theo got me chocolates, Blaise got me shoes, and Draco got me a bottle of perfumes, Sirius gave me a locket.

"Oh, how pretty," I said, holding it up into the light before opening it, expecting some sort of picture but found it empty. 

"It's empty," I frowned.

"It's a magical locket, you think of a memory, and it appears on the locket," Draco explained, I pursed my lips, thinking.

"What are we going to think about?" Draco asked, I smiled shrugging, then a small image appeared, it was of me leaning against Draco who had his back to a tree, with both of us, reading a book until he places small kisses on my head.

"Can I see?" Draco asked, I shook my head,

"No, it's mine," I said, holding it close to my chest.

"Not fair," He pouted, nudging me with his shoulder. 

"Fine, have you noticed that there are no ties this year?" He asked, smiling proudly of himself. 

"Yes, because if there were I would have broken up with you," 

"Fair enough," he said, picking up the box of chocolates Theo had given me.

"Wow, these are great," 

"Yes, they are also mine, you have yours!" I said. 

"But I feel like mine is older,"

"Let's just go eat breakfast," I said, standing up.

---

As we walked downstairs, the house seemed mainly empty. Sirius laid on the couch, his eyes shut, an arm thrown over his forehead.

"Thank you for the present, Sirius," I said. He opened his eyes slowly, with a small smile.

"You're welcome,"

"Where is everyone?" Draco asked.

"They went to see Mr. Weasley, I made you guys some breakfast," he said, gesturing to the kitchen. 

"Did you poison it?" Draco asked, Sirius shut his eyes, smirking.

"You have to figure that out," he said, I rolled my eyes, pulling Draco along. 

---

"Who is it?" I asked, after hearing a knock on the door.

"Yeah, it's locked for a reason," Draco yelled.