Cold

Cold (A SasuSaku One shot)

*-*-*

Whenever you look at me, why does it suddenly feel cold?

"Hey, Sasuke-kun... can I ask you a favor?"

At long last, I finally found the guts to talk to you. I don't know, but even if you sat just a couple of desks apart, you seem so close, yet so far from me. You're so distant. So mysterious. So different. And I don't even know if that's a good or a bad thing.

Because maybe, all I know is how frequent you make the butterflies in my tummy flutter.

I've been stalking you. Yes. If only you knew how many times I visit your profile on Facebook. I made checking your recently uploaded Instagram photos a habit, too! And did you know that you're the reason why my memory card has insufficient storage? Your selfies are addicting!

I've been fangirling you since the school year started!

You're all I ever think of.

And I just wish that you now know that I exist.

"Hn. I don't do favors.. --what's your name again?"

I bowed my head and averted my gaze elsewhere. I don't know why, but whenever you stare deep into my eyes, I find myself lost in them. Those dark pools are hard to resist.

But I can't afford to let myself be hypnotized by your eyes.

Not this time.

"Sakura. Sakura Haruno."

"Aah."

The silence filled the room we occupy again. It's been like what? Fifteen minutes since class dismissed? And I can't even remember how Ino-chan dragged you here in the first place! Well, maybe she's that supportive.

Or maybe she's just teasing me again, playing the role of a matchmaker.

Ugh. That girl knows I'll mess this up!

Can't I like someone and live in peace? Why do people find it hard to accept the fact that me and him, aren't gonna happen?

I mean, look at me!

I'm nobody.

And look at him!

He's a walking ice cube.

So cool. So cold. So numb.

After a few more seconds, I heard you sighed. Funny how I was expecting that from you. I've been studying your personality for so long now. Although, I still couldn't point out what made me attracted to you.

Was it your looks? Your style? Brains? Charisma, maybe?

I don't know.

"Look, I'm outta here. You're just wasting my time."

My eyes widened at what you said. I looked up and saw you turn on your heel to make a leave. I felt my heart beat faster. My hands shaking. My breathing, shallow.

No.

You can't just walk away like that.

I won't let you, Sasuke Uchiha.

And so, I ran towards you and unconsciously grabbed your arm. You looked at me and raised an eyebrow. Still with the poker face expression. If I were a different girl, I'd probably back off and cry like an emotional bitch.

But sorry boy, this bitch ain't letting you go until you get a piece of my mind.

"What now, Haruno?"

I ignored the icy tone and looked at you. Straight in the eye.

"Sasuke, look.. I know you don't know me and all.. heck, I'm not even shocked if you didn't know I exist.. but I just wanna tell you, that I like you. I've been liking you for a long time now. I know, I know.. I act like a complete fangirl. But I don't want to be one of them. I want to be your friend. I want to know you better and read the story behind that cold mask of yours." I breathe in, and exhaled heavily; closing my eyes in the process.

"Don't get me wrong, I don't care if you like me back or what. I just want to understand you, Sasuke.. I wanna be close to you, all I'm asking is if you can let those walls down a bit and let me in, that would be great. And oh, um... by the way, my 18th birth is next month, and I want you to be my escort...a-ahh.. so?"

When I finally finished, I opened my eyes and saw him boredly staring at me.

"Are you done yet?"

This time, I was the one to let out a sigh.

I slowly released my grip on his arm and let him walk away. But before he could reach the door, I asked,

"So, should I get another boy to fill in the escort thingy I proposed you?"

He stopped in his tracks.

I was expecting another hurtful remark from him, but what he said next made my heart skip a beat,

"I didn't say no to your proposal, Sakura.."

But just as I was about to squeal in delight, he turned his head and smirked at me.

"...but, I didn't say yes, either. So, let's talk about this over dinner on Saturday. I'll pick you up at six. Sayonara."

And when he finally left, my jaw still hung open. Is he asking me out on a date?! What the heck?!

I smiled.

"Maybe he isn't that cold, afterall."

****THE END****

Misty's Note:

I just wann say, I missed you guys so much! 😭😄❤ God bless.

PS. Feel free to request here in the comment box. For those who requested SasuSaku One shots here (the ones I didn't had time to write before) kindly comment your request again in this chapter and I will do my best to write it as soon as possible. Again, I'm sorry for my long absence. Believe me, it's been hard for me too. That's all, and thank you!

SasuSaku: Book Of One-ShotsOn viuen les histories. Descobreix ara