Bitter-Sweet: Part 2

Dedicated to: AmericaS16

Continuation of Bitter-Sweet.

Hope you like it! Feel free to write a request guys.

Ja ne ;)

~

Damn. It must be that bitter. He thought.

"Really? Was it that bitter?" Sasuke inquired.

She shook her head,

"No. It was bitter-sweet."

Sasuke cocked a perfect eyebrow when he heared her answer.

"Hn. Why is that so?"

He just had to know.

After everything that happened to them, why would she still say that their past together was 'bitter-sweet'?

Sakura smiled charmingly and honestly replied, "Because I can't say that our past was bitter, Sasuke.. nor can I say it was sweet."

Sasuke averted his gaze downwards. Finding his hands the most interesting thing on this planet.

Guilt getting the best of him.

Sakura soon noticed. She sighed and continued,

"Sasuke, when I was your fangirl, I couldn't even think of anything else to do other than impressing you, you know.."

"Sasuke-kun! Wait for me!"

"Tsk. Sakura, go away."

"B-But-!"

"I said, go away. Go annoy someone else."

"O-Okay, Sasuke-kun.."

"..I was so naive. I have always wished for a happy ending with you. Like those I read in the books, about an ordinary girl, falling in love with a handsome and amazingly boy.. But, soon enough, I realized that, even you aren't perfect. And when you shared some of your past to me about you wanting to kill your brother for revenge, something in me just snapped. That sudden snap, gave me the urge to comfort you more."

She paused for a couple of seconds and continued,

"So when you kind of showed me that you do care about us, my hope and love grew for you. That was the sweet part. But after the night you left the village, my world was torn apart. And that was the start of our bitter memories."

Sakura finished and sighed deeply.

Sasuke only stared at her, emotions unreadable to her as he said,

"Aa."

"But you know, I accept it now."

"Accept what?"

She looked at him, deep in his dark eyes. "The fact that, you will never return my feelings for you, ever."

"....."

"But it's okay!" She cheered, changing the heavy atmosphere. "I know it must be hard after what you have been through, so I understand that you're not ready to love yet."

Sasuke gazed at her in awe.

She really does love me unconditionally, huh?

"..I guess, I'll just have to wait." She whispered while looking rather upset.

Sasuke noticed this, and so he fakely coughed.

"Ahem. So ah, are you going to eat that?"

He asked while refering to the heart-shaped chocolates setted in a plate on the table in front of them.

"Ah, those? Maybe later. I made them earlier this morning but- Hey! I thought you hated sweets!"

She blurted out. Confusion written all over her face.

Sasuke smirked.

"Yes. But things can always change, you know."

He picked one up and ate it.

Sakura was now more confused than ever. "What do you mean?"

"I mean, whatever it tastes like,  bitter or sweet, it's still chocolate. When you eat it, you need to accept whatever it does end up to, being as a result of your bad cooking. But at the same time, once you know what your mistakes were in the first batch, you'll learn what to do when you make the second one."

He finished.

Sakura blinked.

"Why do I feel that what you said has a double meaning to it?"

"Because it does. Our past."

"???"

"Just like our past, whatever it was, bitter or sweet, we just have to accept it as it is. But when it does end up being bitter, we just have to learn from our past mistakes that was a result of a wrong decision and make use of that mistake as a 'not-to-do' tool for our future."

She chuckled once she heard his answer.

"Oh Sasuke-kun, you never change! You're still the Uchiha genius I love."

He stared at her seriously, "So can you give me another chance?"

"A-Another chance at what?"

"At love. I promise, I won't make the same mistake I did before. I won't leave you."

She stayed silent for a moment."Well, I have to think it out first.. so..."  Still holding a choco ball, she put it in her mouth.

Sasuke had an evil grin as he said.

"May I have some of my bitter-sweet works?"

She nodded and handed him the box he gave.

But Sasuke just threw it away and pulled her close. Then, he kissed her.

Sakura froze as Sasuke started moving his lips and easily slid his tongue inside her mouth.

She gave in and kissed him passionately.

The taste of bitter-sweet chocolate he made spread as their tongues swirled around each other.

And then, he pulled away.

Still having that smirk, he licked his lips and said, "Heh. That's one way to remove the bitter taste."

Sakura blushed and giggled,

"Aww.. Sasuke-kun, you are so sweet."

"So what's your answer?"

"I'll answer you yes if.."

Sasuke raised an eyebrow, "If?"

"If you'll give me another kiss." She then picked up a heart-shaped chocolate and put it inside her mouth.

Sasuke smirked again, "Sure."

Truly, whatever a chocolate tastes, it is sweeter when you share it with your lover, don't you think?

~