Episode 6 - Inner Demons👽

"I did not ask for the things that I've been through, and I certainly did not ask my mind to paint and repaint the pictures in flashback form."

- Michelle Groth

👽👽👽

The stares, those hard, scrutinizing stares. How I wish I could be away from them. Their laughs, their harsh snickers, while taking in my whimpering form.

Why me? Free me, I'm done being caged within fear. Take me away, someone, from all this. What did I do to deserve this?

Their laughs and snickers continue to grow louder until I feel my ears bursting. I shut my ears tightly trying hard not to drown in their sea of insults.

Those sounds, demeaning, judging, and ruthless seem to feed upon my fear.
I have to stop them, but how?

I scream and ask them to go away, till my quiet voice grows hoarse, hoping they would leave me alone for once...

Kate tossed about in sleep. Her face contorted tightly as she struggled to free herself from the nightmare she had been seeing.

Leave me!

The dream ended abruptly and she woke up with a gasp, looking around her surroundings in fear.

"I'm home, I'm home, nothing will happen to me, not anymore."

She placed her hand on her chest to calm down her erratic breathing. She looked at her left to see Elena sleeping in a side form. She was unaware of her sister's state. It wasn't her fault as she had been a heavy sleeper since childhood while Kate had been the opposite.

It's a thing of wonder, how two individuals sharing the same zygote can be so different from each other. Right?

Kate got up from their bed and walked right towards the window. She noticed Ivan's silhouette in his house opposite to theirs. He was sleeping in a fetal position, similar to her sleeping style.

A nightlight which had been placed on his bed's right side caught her attention. Amidst the dark room, its soft, green glow created indecipherable shadows.

Her lips twitched into a slight smile. Still sleeping with a nightlight, Van?

She was wide awake and knew that getting sleep was impossible now. Her fingers, now cool after gripping the windowsill, traced her sweaty eyelids and the bridge of her nose.

She sat on the windowsill, and let her long legs dangle across it. The night sky was marked by countable twinkling stars which she gazed at fondly. The breeze kissed her serious face, and blew her ponytail slightly, soothing the Mother Nature's child.

Kate turned her brown head to glance at Elena and exhaled a sigh. She knew what she had to do.

👽👽👽

Elena let out a frustrated groan as Kate had gone back to sleep again after bathing. She had a good mind to grip her own hair in irritation, but that would spoil her hairdo.

"Kate, we are going to be late," Elena shrieked and shook her younger twin who just let out a muffled noise of disapproval.

"Hey, wait that rhymed, Kate and late, woo!"